Sunday, August 20, 2017

Busy Week

We've now had eight weeks with Luke home on paternity leave, and I know me and the kids are still loving it. He is an amazing daddy, and takes such good care of all four of us. Less than a month till he goes back to work now, and I know I won't be ready (even though he so is!)

On Monday we headed to library time with our favorite Mr. Chris. Quick story about him and his wife, Jenna- she is best friends with a girl I went to college with and worked with for a few years, and they also are friends with one of my good friends from church/MOPS. (They also sang/played for my post-college roommate's wedding recently- small world!) Chris and his wife, Jenna, are singers/songwriters and when they did the Piggie and Gerald event at the library last year, I finally made the connection that he was Chris of THE Chris and Jenna. Anyhow, we've chatted a little bit, and I read in their music blog recently that they are pursuing their music and headed to Nashville for a month to do some recording. Thankfully he'll be back to the library eventually, and while I'm excited for them, we will miss him at library time!


All that to say, when we went to library time this past week, I lamented to Luke about how this was Noelle's last library time with Mr. Chris before she starts school. Never again will she be a regular at Mr. Chris' storytime (except for next summer when she's home, of course.) Luke just looked at me like I was crazy and told me I am going to be sobbing when we drop her off for her first day of school. (We'll see- I'm hoping I'm more excited for her than anything else!) Noelle and Jonah did their usual with Mr. Chris, singing songs, reading books, and of course ending with a craft. (Which lately always ends with Jonah having a meltdown- #threenager!)


A local dance studio was offering free classes this past week for all ages, and I took Noelle to a class on Monday evening. She had an absolute blast, and it was so convenient that the studio is less than five minutes from our house. I will definitely be looking into lessons for her!


On Tuesday we headed to the $1 movie to see Happy Feet 2. Luke and I weren't super impressed, and Noelle was begging to leave about 20 minutes in. Since Jonah still seemed interested, and Clara was napping/nursing, Luke took Noelle out of the theater telling her she'd be bored waiting for us. They ended up deciding to check on the other $1 movie, which was Cats and Dogs, and she of course loved that. Fun times all around, and proving that I would NOT have been able to handle something like that with all three kids by myself.

Wednesday was a quiet day, mostly spent at home, and on Thursday, I took the kids to Noelle's school to drop off her school supplies. Noelle was so excited to see her teacher again (although her shyness stops her from saying much), and Jonah was of course his verbal let-me-tell-you-my-life-story self. We love her teacher, and I know once Noelle has spent time with her consistently, will get past some of her shyness. We are so excited for her for this year (and I'm also a lot bit nervous!)


After chatting with her teacher for a bit, we met Nana and Holden at Larriland for a picnic lunch and raspberry picking. It was a hot, humid day, and after about 10 minutes of picking, Noelle was complaining of the heat, and Jonah, of course, copied her. Between the two of them though (with some help), we ended up with about a pound of raspberries, and they were delicious!


On Friday, we met up with both my parents and Holden at a local conservancy for another picnic and to wander around for a bit. After not much time in the heat (oh Noelle!) we grabbed snowballs, and then Noelle headed off with my parents for a sleepover, and we went home to give Clara a good nap.


Saturday we headed up to meet Grandma and Aunt Lyd for the Tomato Festival at a local Farmer's Market. They had different types of tomatoes to try, as well as sweet and savory tomato recipes to sample. We ran a few errands, and then headed back to pick up Noelle from my parent's house. A busy week, but full of lots of fun and trying to do ALL THE THINGS before Noelle is not spending her days at home. (Eek!)

No comments:

Post a Comment