Thursday, October 12, 2017

Clara: Three Month Update

Clara Irene is 3.5 months and I'm finally getting to this. I really don't want to forget all the fun milestones and details of this precious girl's life!



Height and Weight: No doctor's appointment this month, but a rough estimate of her weight with me holding her on the scale is about 10 and 1/4 lbs. So big!

Sleep: I put her to bed between 7:30-8:00 p.m., she wakes up around 2:00 a.m. to nurse, and then I wake her up around 7:00 a.m.for the day (unless she wakes up on her own before then.) She is still pretty consistently waking up once a night to nurse, and even had a few nights in a row of sleeping through the night. She's great about nursing, and going right back to sleep. And I've been re-watching Hart of Dixie for those middle of the night wake-ups. :)

Naps are inconsistent with all the craziness of school, MOPS, and play dates. If we don't have anything planned after dropping off Noelle, she has time for a longer morning nap. But in general, there's a short morning nap, short nap around lunchtime till time to pickup Noelle, and then a somewhat longer evening nap. Thankfully she's generally pretty happy!


Eating: It seems like our nursing journey is coming to an end. She's been fighting nursing on the left side for a little while since that produces so much less, and I have so little time, pumping just isn't happening in any consistent way.  Some of the nights she slept through the night, I pumped in the morning and got 3ish ounces on the right, and droplets on the left.

We always nurse first and then do a bottle of formula- usually 2-4 ounces at a time. Even though I don't love nursing, I've been focusing on the good this time around and am disappointed we haven't made it longer. Life is just chaotic and busy, and I know all that isn't helping. BUT she's growing, and ultimately that's all that matters!

Diapers/Clothing: Baby girl is in size one diapers, and has outgrown newborn clothes! I can't believe it's already time to pack them/give them away. I think I'll give my favorites to my sister in hopes that she gives me a niece some day!

Social/Milestones: We're getting lots of smiles, and lots of cooing/talking. Most of the time when we lay her on the changing pad, she starts smiling at us. She hasn't rolled over yet, but she really has so little time when she's not in the swing, the rock'n'play, the carseat, or being held that there's not much opportunity to try. Hopefully soon we have more time to dedicate to tummy time.


Likes: She really loves baths and watching big brother and sister play around her. If she's in the swing, she's usually content in it as long as there is another person in the room. She's also usually happy when I wear her in the wrap unless she's overtired or hungry.

Dislikes: We're still working on the carseat. It's been better, but there are still quite a few drives where she screams through the whole thing. There are times when she wants to be held or fed right then and there, but I have to get Noelle and Jonah dressed or help with the potty, so she has to wait and will often fuss. But overall, she's pretty content!

Fun things we've done: She of course met her great-grandma in Seattle, got to meet her Uncle Caleb, Aunt Debbie, cousin Alyssa, Aunt Ruth, Uncle Max, Aunt Hannah, and Uncle Nathan. We made some trips to Larriland, had a few play dates, started in both MOPS groups, and watched the big kids start school. All very fun and full of blessings!

some pictures:

Noelle starts kindergarten and is too busy for us

Clara joins the after church snapshot!

the three littlest Perrault cousins on a Dunkin date

reading with Jonah and Clara ("ok mom, I'm done with her")

not sure about whatever we're doing

No comments:

Post a Comment