Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Clara Irene: 6 Months

How is our last little baby six months old!! (And quite closer to seven months at this point!) I know these baby months are flying by because of all the transition we've had going on. Plus, you know, when you're sleep deprived things can become quite blurred as well. :)

Clara's six month well check went smoothly, and she handled her shots well. She cried of course, but was easily comforted. I was glad to get one more appointment in with our MD pediatrician, and when I mentioned that we were moving, she got papers together for me of all three kids vaccines so that I would have them. In the midst of moving, I did manage to lose track of the papers, but I think they are floating around in the van somewhere. Maybe.


Height and Weight: Clara weighed in at 13 pounds 2 ounces (3rd percentile), and I cannot remember her length. She's growing right on track and just as she should!

Diapers/Clothing: Just last week, I moved her into size two diapers, mostly because we finished off a box and knew there was no point in opening an entirely new box. I do have a full box of size one diapers so I just need to find a mama friend with a teeny baby to pass them on to! Clara is mostly wearing size six month clothes, but when I pulled out a size three months outfit the other day, I decided to put it on her, and it fit just fine. I might as well get as much use as I can out of these clothes! And it was also one that Noelle wore, which I love seeing them out again. I'm starting to pack away the 3-6 month sleepers though, especially the ones that have been washed over and over again.


Sleep: Oh sleep for this child! She turned six months old on Christmas Eve, so she was still sleeping in bed with me at my parent's house at that point. Clara pretty consistently was waking up around 11, 2, and then 4:30. I'd nurse her, and she'd usually fall back asleep. Every now and then she'd decide to be awake for awhile and wiggle herself around. Luke and I joke that her arms have a mind of their own- flailing around and keeping her awake! And naps have been in the car or in my arms mostly.

Eating: She's still nursing, but it seems that in all the craziness, my supply is probably dipping even more. Each feed, we nurse for a few minutes, and then give her a two ounce bottle of formula. Every now and then when she's upset, she won't take a bottle and just nurses for comfort. I'm kind of amazed that we're still doing any sort of nursing, but I figure we'll keep it up for as long as we can, especially with all the sickness that is going around!


Social/Milestones: At six months, we were attempting to spend more time with her sitting, and she was getting better and stronger at tripod sitting. At this point, she's pretty much past using her arms to hold herself up and only falls over on occasion. She can definitely roll back to front (and pretty much does so immediately if she's doing any sort of tummy time), and right before her six month well check, I finally happened to see her roll from back to front. I think she's repeated that once since then, but at least she can do it! She just hates being on her tummy! She doesn't have any teeth yet, but there has been so much drool, so I keep thinking it's going to happen. She loves to hold toys and put them in her mouth. And she can even take her wubbanub and put the pacifier in her mouth. She also ate her first solids- carrots and beets! I was completely inconsistent in feeding her, but she at least tried them!

Likes: She still seems to like bath time a lot. She kicks her legs around in the bath tub splashing water everywhere, and even got to sit with the big kids and cousin Holden in the big bathtub at Nana's house. Clara definitely prefers to be held, but every now and then will be content sitting on the floor with baby toys. She loves watching her big brother and sister, especially when they're being crazy and moving around a lot. She also likes the vacuum. I can set her down and vacuum the whole downstairs and she usually doesn't get upset.


Dislikes: She gets pretty cranky on the days that she absolutely refuses to naps. So she hates naps, and being tired. Oh silly girl, naps are the best! She's usually most unhappy when she's not being held. 

Fun things: Clara got to see her first snow on the same day as our annual cookie-baking day. She celebrated her first Thanksgiving, sat on Santa's lap, wore lots of Christmas outfits, got lots of love from her siblings and Holden, picked out her first Christmas tree, and attended her sibling's Christmas programs. Overall, a very fun sixth month!







Love these little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment