Saturday, February 17, 2018

Valentine's Day 2018

Our Valentine's Day was sweet and simple, and done just right for our first one in TN. Noelle woke up excited for her Valentine's Day party at school, and I gave her a heart shaped pancake and toast with a heart cut out in the middle. This girl loves her holidays and was excited to celebrate the day!


Jonah, Clara, and I headed to my MOPS Bible study where Jonah played while Clara and I got to sit and talk about discerning the voice of God with other mamas. It was good, and this study by Priscilla Shirer has been good for me in the short amount of time I've been involved. When we got home, the doorbell rang and a bouquet of tulips was delivered to me. I texted the below picture to Luke! I love holidays, and the day to celebrate love is one of my favorites. Doesn't have to be romantic love, but I'm thankful that I have my forever Valentine. :) 


When Noelle was home from school, I told her that we would be doing a scavenger hunt later on for their Valentine's Day gifts. She begged and begged to do it then, but I wanted her to wait for Daddy to get home to join the fun! Of course it ended up being the one day he was stuck at work for a little bit longer, and by the time he got home with our pizza dinner, it was an hour later than our normal dinner time. But we got the kids focused on the pizza, and then started the scavenger hunt. It's such a simple thing to do with them, but they love it! They kept saying "oh thank you mommy!" Oh my little loves! We got them little toys from Target, which they of course were super excited about (and have probably lost by now.)

Noelle looking at their first clue

We also stopped at Walmart on our way home from school to get a few more things, including two heart balloons to add to our Valentine's Day decorations. They are still going strong three days later, and it will be a sad day once they are no longer floating.


I'm so thankful for Luke! We were trying to remember if our first Valentine's Day together was in 2005, which means 13 Valentine's Days with each other. And I think all involved pizza. :)


And my littlest Valentines. I'm more sleep deprived and frazzled than ever before (aside from maybe October-December of last year with all the moving stuff going on), but these three are SO worth all the crazy. And sleep is a non-essential, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment