Monday, May 21, 2018

Fun in the Sun!

Last week was a week full of fun! Jonah, Clara, and I went to a local play ground on Monday, but it was hot and we didn't last too long. There is an equine hospital just across the street and I could see a mama and baby horse in a round pen out front. Jonah couldn't see them too well, so we walked a little closer to take a peek.  The baby's neck was shaved down so I'm guessing the hospital visit was for him/her. He or she was running around though, so I think was on the mend. And so cute!


On Tuesday, I decided to take the two littlest ones to the zoo! Tennessee went from winter to summer, but I'll take the hot over the cold! We waited till rush hour traffic had died down and then headed up. I took the double stroller knowing Jonah wouldn't be willing to walk, but it did make it easier to get through faster, especially when Clara started to lose it. We got to see the new Andean bear, and Jonah's favorite part was crossing the rope bridge. I couldn't go across with the stroller, but a woman who was there with what looked like middle schoolers for a field trip offered to make sure he got across okay. I met him up on the other side, and he immediately wanted to do it again! I told him we'd have to come back soon with Daddy so Jonah could show it to him!


Clara was hot and tired, and we only lasted about an hour and a half before she got to her melting point. So we left quickly, and she napped on the car ride home. I'm hoping we can adventure a bunch this summer, but baby girl may dictate how long we last at various things!


On Wednesday, we met up at a splash pad in Franklin with one of my MOPS friends. It was a little overcast and breezy, but that did not stop Jonah. He got hurt twice, but was ready to jump right back in to going down the slides and getting splashed with water. I'm pretty sure he could have stayed there all day, but I didn't think to bring little toys for Clara to play with, and she had reached her limit after about two hours. It was a really cool splash pad, but we had to pay to get in. There is a free one in our town and it opens this coming weekend! YAY!


On Thursday, we headed to Noelle's school during her lunch to bring cupcakes to celebrate her summer birthday! She was really excited! I did not plan ahead and didn't pack a lunch for Jonah or myself, but we got to listen in on all the shenanigans her poor teacher deals with every day during lunch. And then we sang "Happy Birthday," fed them all copious amounts of sugar, and left them for the rest of the day. Poor kindergarten teacher!


Noelle was definitely excited to have Jonah and Clara there!


Our neighborhood pool officially opened on Thursday, which is amazing since temps have been in the low 90s. Noelle had field day on Friday, and I ended up picking her up a little early. We rushed home, changed into swim suits, and got to the pool before the public school kids got home from school. For about 30 minutes, we had the whole pool to ourselves!


More people came including our neighbors we play with almost daily. Once the six year old got in the pool, Jonah wanted to put on his puddle jumper and go right in. I couldn't figure out how to blow up the float for Clara, so he ended up going in by himself. It was semi-stressful keeping an eye on him, entertaining Clara, and making sure Noelle was good in the baby pool. But he did a great job! He was super confident, and paddled his way around in the pool. I'm hoping that Luke has some time this summer to work with Noelle and Jonah!


On Saturday we met up with my brother-in-law and his family to celebrate his birthday. We got lunch at a Salvadorian restaurant he had heard good things about. It was delicious, of course! And my kids ate peanut butter sandwiches, of course!


My brother-in-law and family were headed to the zoo, and since we were really close to the zoo and Noelle wanted to go, we tagged along with them! Noelle was so excited and lead the way to see all the animals. Jonah wanted uppie, and Clara thankfully stayed pretty content in the stroller. It was warm but all four kids did pretty well and lasted for about two hours!


My niece's favorites were the flamingos and Jonah and Noelle had fun pretending to be them!

No comments:

Post a Comment