Saturday, November 11, 2017

Breathe

Breathe, just breathe

Come and rest at my feet
And be, just be
Chaos calls but all you really need
Is to just breathe


This is the chorus to "Breathe" by Jonny Diaz, and every time I hear it, I cry! I have been SO bad at resting in Jesus in what is probably the busiest, most stressful season of my life. The verses in the song are what my life look like ("it's off to the races everybody out the door"), and instead of looking to Jesus, I let the stress take over and just go go go. The to-do list, the not being able to do anything on the to-do list because kids, the constant running around for school, errands, life! But God is there, ready for me to come to Him. To soak in the living water of His Word. I need Him more than anything else, and even though I know that, I still put other things ahead of spending time with Him. Jesus, help me to love YOU first!



Whenever we've gone back to our house to work on things, we pretty much make the older two watch t.v./play on the tablet. Otherwise they just undo all the work that's been done- aka they dumped out a trash bag full of shredded paper all over the basement and jumped on the bed that I'd already made three times! Basically we tell them, don't touch anything, take your shoes off, no food or drink near the carpet! It's a season, and maybe we'll continue the rules at our new house so that we keep it cleaner. ;)

This past Wednesday, Noelle had her first day of cheer practice! She is so excited about being a cheerleader for her school, and I'm loving seeing her be a part of a team and to see her excited about doing something. She won't be there for the entire season, but she'll get to cheer for some basketball games, and potentially do a special homecoming performance if we're still here in early January. The coach is incredibly sweet, and is coaching 36 girls kindergarten through 12th graders! I'm sure we'll be able to find a dance or cheer program for her to do down in Tennessee. 

I had Holden all day on Wednesday and while Noelle was at practice, I took the rest of the gang to get donut holes. Which basically turned into Holden and Jonah running around a mostly empty Dunkin Donuts, and Holden flirting with the one employee and anyone else who came in.


On Thursday my friend Jess called me while she was out walking with her newborn baby girl. She and her hubby moved down to Nashville just over a year ago, and getting to talk to her was a sweet surprise. She has been so excited for us to move down there, and so encouraging. I know I'll be reaching out to her a lot once we're down there, and I love that she's already been such an encouragement in my walk with Jesus in the 5+ years we've been friends. I also can't wait for her little girl and Clara to be Nashville besties!

Jess in the middle. After she pushed Jonah in the stroller on our run- already prepping for her future baby over three years ago. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment