Sunday, June 17, 2018

Father's Day 2018

Happy Father's day to Luke! and my dad! and Dad W!

Luke had an early morning today to go help with setup at church. I had planned on just meeting him there, but they finished quickly so he came back home, and was able to come to Starbucks with us. :) Noelle had her sugar cookie, Jonah his donut cake pop, and I got my vanilla sweet cream cold brew. Then we headed off to church for a great sermon that I was able to hear the entirety of because Clara was in nursery!


I made very last minute plans on Friday for Luke to spend a few hours at a vintage arcade game place a few towns over. I texted with my sister-in-law to see if Luke's brother would want to join in, so now they're out there hopefully having some kid-free fun! And hopefully I'll make it out to the store to buy steak so Luke can grill himself some yummy dinner!

I asked the kids some fun questions about Daddy in honor of today!


Noelle (age: almost 6)

My dad's name is Luke.
My dad is 32 years old.
He is as big as a baby tree.
His favorite food is cereal.
His favorite color is blue.
He is good at playing games on the upstairs t.v.
He likes to go to the zoo!
For fun he likes to play with all of us.
My favorite thing to do with my dad is play games.
I love my dad because he is the best dad!


Jonah (age: 4)

My dad's name is Luke.
My dad is 22 years old.
He is as big as an elephant.
His favorite food is spaghetti and meatballs.
His favorite color is purple.
He is good at work.
He likes to go to the mall?
For fun he likes to race with me!
My favorite thing to do with my dad is race around with him.
I love my dad because he plays with me.


Luke, we are so thankful for you! You are a great dad- the calm when I'm frustrated, the voice of reason when I worry, the example of hard work and love for the Lord, and the one who can turn whining and complaining into giggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment