Tuesday, June 19, 2018

The Beginning of the Reunion

The day after Mom and Dad W left to go spend time with the other TN Wiedemans, my sister and her boyfriend arrived from CO. It was my first time meeting Austin, and I'm SO glad that I finally got to! And lucky him, he got to meet literally everyone in our family in a few days time. After they got in on Thursday night, Luke and I went to the airport to pick up my mom and Holden. Once we got home, it was time to get the kids cooled down in our little backyard pool!

cousins reunited!

On Saturday morning, we had some time before everyone else would be arriving, so we took my mom and Holden to The Factory. Definitely our go-to for something fun to do! The farmer's market is on Saturdays, so we got Ellie's Donuts from the food truck and enjoyed those outside before wandering around inside.


I'm pretty sure in the course of the week that everyone was here, we got donuts four times. I mean, how can you go wrong with donuts? :)


It was so good having the four cousins together and Holden fit right in. Running around with them, playing in the water, and he LOVED Clara! She at this point has learned to just push people away when she doesn't want the attention. But Holden was always so sweet with her! I really miss that kid and watching him grow up!


I'm so thankful for the week that we had and for the time that these kids got with each other. I only saw my two cousins every so often when we were growing up, and now that's how it will be for our kids with their Perrault cousins. I so hope that they see each other often enough to always jump right back in to their friendships with one another.


The rest of the family- my Grama, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, and dad all arrived throughout the day on Saturday and we ended the evening with a cook-out. Our house was loud and chaotic and it made my heart happy to have everyone together. I can only imagine how my Grama must have felt being able to see her entire family gathered in one place! It happens so rarely, and she's 94 so I hope that this trip was good for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment