Wednesday, August 12, 2015

VBS and Hip Surgery

Life has been busy- and August and September are only going to be busier! Last week we went to Vacation Bible School at my mother-in-law's church, which filled up our mornings (in lots of good ways!) On Monday I had T and S, who decided they didn't want to do VBS since they wouldn't know anyone. So after we dropped off Noelle, we headed to the Carroll County fair to check out all the animals. Jonah loved the chickens and kept pointing to them as we walked through the barn with all the chicken cages. The Carroll County fair is pretty small, so we wandered around for an hour and still had some time to kill before we needed to pick up Noelle.


T and S (and their mom) had graciously gifted me with a Dunkin' Donuts giftcard, so we headed there to get ourselves a treat. I gave them the choice of a drink or a snack- and both of them chose an iced coffee fully loaded with sugar. And then they both added more sugar. Oops! After we picked up Noelle, we headed home for lunch, and then to a new to us pool to play in the water and splash pad. The pool happens to be near where their moms works, and as we were starting our drive home, she pulled out right in front of us. We called her and she pulled over so the kids could jump in with her- I know she loves getting as much time with them as she can!


VBS was fun, and was a good practice run for starting pre-school in the fall. I tried to make sure both kids were up by 7:30 so that we could get dressed and fed before it was time to leave. We did pretty well for the most part, but I definitely noticed that we were leaving later and later as the week went on. Except for Friday, Noelle cried every morning when I left her, and it hurt my mama heart. But I knew that within minutes she was fine and happily playing, singing, and crafting. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law were helping with the crafts, which the 3 year olds did first, and I think that helped ease her in. Hopefully it won't take her long to get used to being dropped off at pre-school! Other than Monday, I attended a Bible study for moms on the book of Proverbs. It was so wonderful having consistent time in the Word!


We kept things low-key in the afternoons, and on Thursday went to hang out with my mom before her hip surgery on Friday. The surgery had already been rescheduled from the week before and she was ready to have it done with, so hopefully her grand-babies were a good distraction! On Saturday, we drove down to Baltimore to visit her in the hospital. There had been more damage to the replaced hip than the surgeon had thought, which made surgery take a little longer and more pain for my mom in recovery. But she was home on Sunday, and is getting around slowly with her walker. Lots of prayers for a quick recovery, and for full, pain-free mobility!

No comments:

Post a Comment