Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Rambling Thoughts

Things are so so busy and even more big changes are coming for us (because adding a baby in 2017 wasn't enough!!) But God's got it because I sure don't and the stress is at an all time high.

BUT we're still trying to make time for all the fun! Cause it's fall and I love fall and it's almost October, my favorite month of the year. Because it's the epitome of fall- cooler weather, colorful leaves, lots of fall adventures to farms, and adorable costumes on my kids.


Last week we grabbed some donut holes from Dunkin, picked Noelle up from school, and drove over to a nearby farm to hang out for a bit to enjoy the beautiful day.


Of course the weather also needs to get on board with it being fall because it's still in the 90s- at least we're getting more wear out of Clara's summer clothes. Girlfriend is just about out of those newborn sizes (whyyyy do they grow so fast??) and I'm already sad that it's time to give those clothes away. But I know they'll be put to good use!


Luke was out of town Thursday through Saturday last week, and since his flight got in late (aka 9:30 p.m.) my mom picked him up so we wouldn't have to keep the kids up late. By the time he got home I was sound asleep, and he didn't have keys and we've somehow managed to lose our hidden key, so he couldn't get in. I woke up to 37 missed calls from him, did not hear him repeatedly ring the doorbell, and eventually he called his sister to come bring him a key. And all the kids slept through it. We must have super effective sound machines.


On top of all the crazy of life, I'm back in the boot and haven't worked out in at least two months, which means I am without my major stress reliever/me time. I've lost muscle for sure and I feel frustrated with all my clothes showing my protruding belly of split abs/fat. I even broken-down and wore one of Luke's t-shirts over the weekend. I keep reminding myself, I just had a baby 3 months ago and healing takes time. But still! The stress! 


And as posted on Instagram, the epitome of my mom life right now is our drives to and from school, which involve the same book on CD on repeat (thanks, Ruth!), a crying baby who HATES the carseat, and me with my coffee, praying for lots of grace and patience. When Luke went back to work last week, one of my biggest worries was that I wouldn't get Noelle to school on time. Thankfully, we've made it to the drop-off line on time every day, and everyone is even fed and dressed for the day. Getting us all out the door by 7:40 is an adventure, and brings out my not so nice side. But I'm learning, God is showing me I NEED HIM. And I'm incredibly thankful for this crazy, chaotic, love filled life He's given me! Amen, mamas??

No comments:

Post a Comment