Monday, October 9, 2017

Grove City College: 10 Year Reunion

After we picked up Noelle from school on Friday and ran around packing things last minute, we headed up to PA to Grove City College's homecoming. It was our 10 year reunion year and we were excited to see who all we would run into. And Luke and I could not stop talking about how old it sounds saying that we were freshman 14 years ago!

Luke and Megan: the college dating days

For the drive up I grabbed a shoebox labeled 'junior year' that contained all sorts of memories from (mostly) our junior year. I read the notes and emails Luke had sent me and we laughed at all the drama I caused us in our dating relationship (thank goodness we can do that now!) I found a note that my then 13 year old sister must have written my sophomore year when Luke and I started dating. It's hilarious, and so something Becky would have done back then. And there was also an email from Luke saying that when he told his sister Ruth that we had started dating she said "it's about time!" Oh how our families knew! :)



We drove up to Cranberry, PA to spend the night in a hotel, and Noelle and Jonah were SO excited.  Like jumping around, bouncing  off the walls, yelling  exuberantly  excited. We got there around 8:30 and thankfully got everyone in pajamas, teeth brushed, sound machine on, baby nursed, and everyone in a bed by 9:30. (Except for Luke who still had to do some work to do.) The baby only woke up once to nurse and Jonah only crawled into our bed once.


The next morning, we made the 40 minute drive up to Grove City and grabbed breakfast at the student union, aka the Gee, where we happened to run into some friends. I took the kids and showed them our mail slots, which Noelle was especially excited to see.


We joined in the 10 year reunion class picture and saw lots of familiar faces. Megan and Joe were there and we all watched the parade together, where Jonah shoveled candy into his mouth as quickly it was thrown out. We ran in to our friend Ryan and chatted for a bit before we headed back to the Gee so I could get the grilled chicken wrap for lunch (just as delicious as I remember!)


Next stop was the quad where I got to catch up with one of my freshman year roomies while Luke took the big kids to play in the kid zone. It really was so fun seeing people, catching up, and laughing about ridiculous college memories. (Like when my roommate and I walked out the door after 9 p.m. setting off the alarm, and me being the goody goody was like "what do we do??" And my roommate was like "run!" So we did, and we did not get caught.)


After the kids played for a bit, we walked over Rainbow Bridge to lower campus where the Greek Village was set up, and briefly stopped by the ABT tent. We threw some rocks into Wolf Creek and then headed back up to the quad for some more fun in the kid zone. We saw more friends and chatted while the kids played for awhile, and then headed back to the car to start the drive home.


It was a whirlwind trip, and the turnpike now costs $18.25 each direction (it was around $6 when we started at Grove City!), but it was SO worth all the craziness to see friends and feel all nostalgia on campus. Those four years were some of the best of my life, and the worst for all the drama I caused in our dating relationship, but I'm choosing to focus on the many good memories! And hey, it all turned out just right with Luke and I together, and friendships that will last a lifetime!

Showing Noelle the chapel

Noelle is unimpressed by the ABT tent

Watching the parade with my college boyfriend ;)
10 years older and yet we look exactly the same ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment