Friday, February 2, 2018

A Morning Snippet

This morning my alarm went off at 5:15 after being awake for about 45 minutes as the baby fussed, and eventually ate around 2 a.m. I hopped on the treadmill for my 35ish minute cardio workout of walk/running. My foot/ankle is thankfully feeling SO much better, and I've been easing in to running again. I've worked up to 1 minute walking/4 minutes running (no faster than a 10:00 minute mile.) It's slow, but I am SO thankful to just be moving my body again! After that Luke came upstairs, and we did the leg workout for 21 day fix. I'm definitely going to be feeling that tomorrow!

Miraculously, by the time we got back downstairs around 6:50, none of the children were awake yet. As Luke hopped into the shower, I sat down at the kitchen table with my coffee and Bible to grab whatever amount of time I could get reading the She Reads Truth devotional of the day. It's been focused on 1 Thessalonians, and today was about living in holiness. Not long after I'd been reading, I heard the patter of feet coming to find me. A sleepy "mommy" coming from my not quite 4 year old as he found me at the table and came over for a hug. He held a little matchbox car in his hand, and told me he'd found it in his bed. Matchbox cars have been his thing lately, and he has quite a few that accompany us many places.


As he went on the search for more of his cars, I finished up reading and whispered a quick prayer. Then Noelle came in wearing the mermaid tail blanket she got for Christmas. Always, every night, that blanket is her one and only blanket, and she stuffs a whole bunch of her stuffed animals down into the tail. We talked for a few minutes, and then Luke came out, and I quickly grabbed a shower while he was still home.

Super daddy wrangled all three kids, and got them all dressed for the day while I was in the shower and getting myself ready. After I did Noelle's hair, hugs all around, and a kiss, they were out the door headed off to school and work. Noelle excited about her Chick Fil A lunch; Luke off to work hard for our little family. Mornings are a lot calmer and less stressful with Luke home and able to help!

Our life has been quieter and slower since we've moved. We don't know all the things to do yet, and we don't have the friends to plan play dates with yet. Back to 1 Thessalonians, Paul talks about the importance of community- and I cannot wait to have that again here in TN. I know it will come, I know it will take time, but I know that God will provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment