Friday, January 26, 2018

Nap Hater and Target Runs

Clara is the worst napper I've ever had- no consistency, and when she does nap, she wakes up after 20 minutes. I'm trying to let her fuss for a bit when she wakes up (which is happening as I type this), and sometimes she'll fall back asleep for a little bit. Most days she only has one nap, and it's anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour long. How does she function?? (I can't function- because when she's awake, she wants to be held. So all vacuuming is done with her in my arms, laundry and dinner prep are either done with her crying or her on the counter so she's eye-level with me.) I know it's a season, and even if she never naps, there will be a day when she can entertain herself. But the one thing that I do get frustrated about is not being able to invest very well in Noelle and Jonah. Clara requires so much attention that it's hard to sit down and read with them, or help Noelle with her homework. By bedtime, after I put Clara down, I'm in my pajamas reading in bed to wind down. It's a season, and it will pass. And I'll grab moments with the other two as I can.

a rare moment of sitting and reading with Jonah

Ah, Target. It's SO nice having a Target closer than 25 minutes away. It's tough on the bank account, but it's also a super target, so we can get everything there. We go at least twice a week, for a grocery run at the beginning of the week, and then to pick up more items that we may need later in the week. It's also dangerous because of the Starbucks inside (good thing I got giftcards for Christmas!) At least I've been good and haven't bought any clothes since we've moved here!


Attached at the hip. Literally. She is so cute though, and usually happy as long as she's being held. I had my MOPS Bible study this past Wednesday for the first time, and decided to keep Clara with me, hoping she would nurse and fall asleep. But after a quick catnap in the car, she was awake for the entire time and either cooing, wiggling around, or nursing/drinking her bottle. I think for the sake of really being able to participate, I'll put her in the nursery next time (but so much sickness! eek!) They don't have room for her in the nursery during actual MOPS meetings, so a break from her on Bible study days, would be kind of nice!


Luke doing double dad duty- holding a clingy baby and overseeing homework. Noelle gets quite a bit of homework, which is not at all like her school in MD. Based on the worksheets she brings home for math, Luke knows the curriculum is meant for first graders. She's doing alright with it (better than I would have thought!) but it still takes her awhile to get through it all. Thank goodness God gave me a very patient husband! ;)


Noelle had a math test on Wednesday, so after school we headed to Dairy Queen for a treat. Strawberry Sundae for Noelle, and chocolate for Jonah, of course! We also had closing for our MD house on Wednesday (Praise the Lord!), so Luke and I celebrated with some yummy BBQ take out.


And afternoons as usual find us driving the now familiar roads to go pick up Noelle from school. (All the familiar roads lead to her school, Target, and the library.) Her school here has a pick-up line, so we just drive up to the front of the school, and tell them who we're there for. It's such a small school that they pretty much know who goes with who, and it goes super fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment