Thursday, March 8, 2018

Pancakes and Church

God has continued to be SO good to us in our move! I'm so thankful for His faithfulness in this season of life. While I've had a MOPS meeting or MOPS Bible study pretty much every week and the occasional play date with my sister-in-law, my human contact is mostly with Luke, my favorite little people, and the cashier at Target. :)

Two Saturdays ago, we hosted what we hope will be an annual pancakes and pajamas party. We did this party in 2015, cancelled it in 2016 when we were wiped out by the norovirus, and finally did it again. We invited pretty much everyone we knew before we moved down, and all three couples and their babies came. It was a mix of family, college friends, and small group friends from MD, and we had so much fun! Since it was a small group of people, we just had pancakes, one casserole, fruit, and bacon. And our college friends brought a pan of delicious made from scratch brownies! There were three baby girls including Clara, my two year old niece, and my big two. Jonah held down the fort as the only boy child. :)


Last Sunday we tried a church that my SIL recommended. Their church in Nashville is the sending church for this newish church plant, and while it's in Franklin and a little further away than we were hoping, we decided to try it since we knew we trusted the ones giving us the recommendation. :) My SIL connected me with her friend who was a part of the plant, and when we went on Sunday, she and her husband figured out who we were, and everyone was SO friendly. It's still new- they meet in a local elementary school and are on the smaller side (perfect for us!), but it was so evident that people there love the Lord and love people.

Noelle and Jonah enjoyed the kids program, the sermon/teaching was straight from the Bible, and on Monday we attended the community group that meets in our town. I made plans to meet up with one of the other stay at home moms, the pastor's wife texted me to get me added to their women's ministry facebook page, and I had hoped to go to one of the women's Bible studies tomorrow but we woke up sick today. Luke met with the pastor for lunch on Tuesday (and they saw Jeremy Camp!) and was able to talk more with him. We're praying that this is our new church home!


After church on Sunday, we headed to a local park and "forced" our children to walk on their very tired legs around the path before playing on the playground (where miraculously their legs were no longer tired.) It was a beautiful day, and somehow Clara managed to stay asleep in the stroller for the whole walk. The kids played for quite awhile in the giant sandbox and on the playground. Clara watched all the kids playing around her and got to swing for a little bit. I am so looking forward to more of these spring days!

No comments:

Post a Comment