Saturday, March 17, 2018

Some Pictures and Words


So in college, one of my closest friends/roommate received catalogues with hunting/outdoorsy things, and there were little camo clothes for babies. She joked that when we all started having babies, she would get us some baby camo. Well, after Noelle was born, she sent me a little camo sweatshirt that she knit herself. Clara wore it the other day, and now all three of my babies have worn their baby camo! I just love the pointy hat!


I've been following an up and coming bakery opening in our town on instagram for a little while and they had their soft opening this week. Jonah and I decided to go check it out, and brought home a cinnamon roll! I worked on my self control and waited for Luke to get home to try it. It was absolutely delicious, and we want to go back and try more of their food! Luke says the cinnamon rolls I made for Christmas two years ago were still tastier, but sadly I have NO clue what recipe I used!! I'll keep trying a different one each year until we get another one hopefully close to it.  :)


So we've gotten into the habit of celebrating Noelle taking a math test by getting something sweet after school. She complains about her homework and going to school, so we are trying to make things as positive as we can. They chose McDonald's this time and Jonah enjoyed his hot fudge sundae while wearing his Thomas the train robe, and I snitched bites of Noelle's Oreo Mcflurry. She got her test back yesterday and got 100 percent on both parts! Go, girl!


Yesterday morning, Jonah, Clara, and I went to a women's Bible study at the home of one of the ladies in what we are now calling "our" church. It was SO good. We stayed for three hours and I got to talk to mamas in different stages of life while Jonah played and Clara hung out with me and eventually fell asleep. They are reading through the Old Testament, and for each day's reading, the husband of one of the women types out a summary of the chapters, which made it easier for me to jump in. 

After school, we drove up to Franklin to Babies R Us to spend the gift card Clara got for Christmas. (We wanted to make sure to spend it before they are officially out of business!) We ended up with some cute clothes and Pez dispensers for the big kids. Jonah keeps asking for all sorts of things for his upcoming birthday, including a bike. We went to look at their options, but nothing seemed like the right thing for him in our price range.


Afterwards we met Luke at the mall food court for dinner. We walked around a little bit afterwards and of course had to go the American Girl Store. Every time we go there it takes me back to getting the catalogs in the mail and circling everything I wanted. Noelle gets excited when we go to the store, but doesn't really play with the dolls (not American Girl brand) she does have the home. Maybe some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment