Tuesday, November 7, 2017

An Anniversary and the Time Change

1. Dating Anniversary- Today marks 13 (!!!) years since Luke and I first started dating! Luke called me up in my dorm room and asked if I would meet him at "our spot", aka the middle of the quad. I knew what was coming because our friends Kate and Joe had already talked to let the other know that we were indeed interested in being more than friends with each other. So then we had the whole "I like you" talk, and then walked around campus for awhile in the FREEZING COLD! While being spied on by Kate and Joe. We were 19 and cool, and totally knew what we were doing when it came to being in a relationship. :)


Just a picture of a picture from the instax picture we took at my friend Kristen's wedding. I love this picture of us. It's blurry, and I'm not looking, but it marked a super fun weekend, and reminded me of how good it is to get away from our kids and just be us. This was two years ago, but was the longest we'd been away together since having kids. Ah, someday we'll get to do it again!

2. The Time Change- Daylight savings has not been my best friend. My dad kept telling me- you get an extra hour of sleep over the weekend. And I kept telling him, but we have small children! And of course Jonah was in our room in the (new) 6:30 timeframe asking why I was sleeping still because it was indeed morning. And Clara was awake from 3:30 A.M. to 4:15ish A.M. yesterday morning, and today at 5:15 a.m. because who doesn't want to party in the wee hours of the morning when you've already woken up twice before during the night to nurse. Hopefully soon we find our new sleeping normal that I'm hoping involves more sleep. 

good thing she's so cute!

3. Library Time- We haven't been to library time since the summer, but that's mostly because our favorite library time is Monday mornings, and both Noelle and Jonah are in school during that time-frame. Yesterday I knew I had some time to kill before getting Holden from my sister, so I decided to take Clara to library time with our favorite Mr. Chris. And she was actually really into it! She had her eyes glued on him playing his ukelele, and she watched all the bigger kids dancing around her. We were only there for about 15 minutes before Heather called me, but it was Clara's first library time experience just for her!


4. Holden- And speaking of Holden, this kid is just the best. When we have him in the mornings, he's relegated all the way to the back seat of the van by his little lonesome, and he's still so happy. I have to get to him by opening the trunk, and he always greets me with the biggest smile! Also, he loves Jonah, and whenever Jonah sees him, or hears that Holden is coming, Jonah freaks out and wants to hide. Holden loves to tackle him, and Jonah just squeals. We will miss our little Holdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment