Saturday, November 18, 2017

Reading and a Birthday

The five year old is getting better at taking pictures, so hopefully that means Luke and I can get more pictures of the two of us that aren't selfies. Even if there are 10 of the same picture from an awkward angle. 


These two are my little goobers! And driving my parents a little bonkers (especially since they have them for a long weekend while we're house hunting in Tennessee!) Jonah does a lot of whining and collapsing into a mess if something doesn't go his way, and when I asked my dad if any of us were as whiny when we were kids, he said no. But it's also been 23 years since any of us were 3 years old. :)


We've been kicking our holiday cheer off a smidge early this year. With all the time we spend in the car, I pulled out our Pentatonix Christmas CD to listen to, and I'll also play Christmas music to "help" the kids wake up in the morning. And of course the grocery store had these mini Christmas trees all set up for sale. With not being in our own house this year, I'll have to get creative with involving the kids in decorating!


This girl brought home reading homework this past week and READ to us!! I mean she couldn't read every word on each page of the books she brought home, but she could read some of the simple sentences that contained her service words and word family words. Luke and I just kept looking at each other like how do we have a child who can read?? And the best part was that she was so excited to pull out the little books and read with us. It is SO fun seeing her learn! Also, the other week when we were driving around Noelle was in the back seat going "vuck, vuck, vuck" since their newest word family was the "uck" family. I asked her to spell it for me because I wasn't quite sure I was hearing her correctly. "V-u-c-k!" :)


This past Wednesday was my dad's birthday, and we celebrated with tacos for dinner and cupcakes for dessert! Heather, Jason, and Holden joined the fun as well, which I am so thankful for any extra time we get with them! While the kids were watching the Lion King, we sat the four of them on the couch with Grandpa to take some pictures. Of course, in true little kid fashion, not everyone was looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment