Saturday, November 4, 2017

Halloween 2017

Tuesday morning started with the usual early hustle to get us out the door to get Noelle and Jonah to school. My brother-in-law's work schedule changed and they now need someone to watch Holden Monday through Thursday in the mornings to early afternoon. My mom is already committed to a Bible study on Tuesday mornings that does not provide child care, so I volunteered to take Holden on Tuesdays. And Halloween was our first Tuesday  with him! Heather dropped him off, I threw the four kids in the car, and we headed out to drop off Noelle (thank goodness for the drop off line so I don't have to get every one out!), and then we went to drop off Jonah. Since there is time to kill between dropoff times, I've been going through the Starbucks drive-thru more than I should! Which I did on Halloween morning (still loving the vanilla sweet cream cold brew!) 

Jonah was super excited to have his fall harvest party that morning, and wore his one and only Halloween shirt that most definitely needed a wash. 


When we dropped Jonah off, I didn't have shoes for Holden, so I wore Clara and carried Holden.


Clara was dressed in a little pumpkin outfit that Holden wore last year for Halloween. Such a cutie with that little green stem on top!


We went back to our house and thankfully, Clara napped away in the car seat, and Holden ate a snack and wandered around while I furiously cleaned the kitchen. After she woke up, I took some pictures of these sweet cousins together in their Halloween garb.


Holden got picked up after lunch and after we got Noelle from school, I did some more cleaning at our house while Clara napped and the older two played and had some tablet time. Then we ate a quick dinner and got ourselves dressed in costumes!

Noelle had originally wanted to be a cheerleader, which she dressed as when we went to Main Street trick-or-treating the Thursday before Halloween.


But on Halloween, I could not for the life of me find her cheerleader costume. (Turns out it was hanging in her closet- I'm losing my mind!) But thankfully that morning she had mentioned wanting to dress as Elsa instead. So, Elsa she was! And Jonah decided to repeat last year's costume- Marshall from Paw Patrol.


This year was the first year that they really seemed to get it and were SO excited to go out and get candy. We went further than we have in previous years, and Jonah had no problem talking to people as they handed him candy. He told a couple of people that his mom said he wasn't allowed to have hard candy, so he should get chocolate. After about an hour we headed back to our house where Clara was still sound asleep. She had worn her skeleton pajamas on Halloween Eve and all day on Halloween underneath her pumpkin. Cutie!


And since Clara slept through trick-or-treating on actual Halloween, here's a picture of her in her elephant costume (what Noelle wore for her first Halloween!) when we trick-or-treating on Main Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment