Monday, December 21, 2015

Family Filled Weekend

This weekend can be summed up in the following: Family, family, friends, and more family.

Our siblings have started to arrive for Christmas, and it made for a busy weekend! Really it started with my brother arriving in the middle of the week last week, and we were able to enjoy a big family dinner on Thursday evening with everyone but my youngest sister. Nathan hasn't been back to the East Coast since last Christmas, so it had been awhile since he'd seen Noelle and Jonah. I took them over to my mom's during the day, and Nathan got to play trains with them and see Jonah at his finest (and by finest, I mean Jonah was being pretty cranky and threw some good toddler tantrums!)


Saturday afternoon we spent time with Luke's family as two of his sisters got into town. Luke doesn't have any time to take off since he just started his new job, so we're trying to spend as much time with them as we can. On Christmas day, everyone will be here, as well as three dogs- which Noelle and Jonah will love.


Saturday evening we got to hang out with one of my best friends, Kate, and her parents. We went over to their house for dinner and got to catch up. I hate that she and her husband moved away, but I'm excited that she's getting to pursue her dream of PT school, and that they love where they live. Kate's parents have known Luke and me since before he and I started dating, so it was fun to catch up with them as well.


Sunday after church, we headed to Annapolis to meet my uncle and his wife for lunch. We only see them once in a while, so it was good to catch up. And I love Annapolis! It's been awhile since I've been down there, and had it been a little bit warmer, I would have liked to walk around and see everything that was going on.


Once we got back from Annapolis, we had Luke's brother and his wife over. It's so fun seeing Debbie pregnant and I cannot wait for my little niece to be born! What a blessing and answer to prayer! I got to talk pregnancy with Debbie, and it was so good to hear how everything is going for her and talk about what they've done to get ready and what they still have to do. They brought their dog, Nola, with them, and Noelle and Jonah had a blast with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment