Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Christmas 2015

Another Christmas come and gone, and I think this was one of our best yet! It was the first year that Noelle really got into it, and Jonah enjoyed more than just the wrapping paper. I love sharing my favorite time of the year with my favorite people!

The week of Christmas, Noelle still had school on Monday and Tuesday, but instead of class on Tuesday, the kids did a little Christmas program that they had been practicing for all month. All the parents, grandparents, siblings, and others crammed into their classroom to watch as they decorated a little Christmas tree with ornaments they had made, sang songs, and rang little bells. After that, they sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and ate ice cream. It was absolutely adorable, and I loved that my mom and Luke's parents got to be a part of it.

holding flowers from Grandma

After it was over, I suggested heading over to our favorite- Chick Fil A! We grabbed some coffee and parfaits, and then sat and talked while the kids played in the play area. Jonah managed to fall and get a bloody mouth, but he then discovered his new favorite thing- eating ice. It didn't take long for him to be back to his normal self, and all was well.


Luke got to work from home on Christmas Eve for a half day, and soon after he was done, we headed over to my parent's house for our usual Christmas Eve fun. Jonah took a 15 minute car nap, and that was it for the day, but he did really well over all! We played with the train set, and with the aunts and Uncle Nathan. We ate our traditional spaghetti dinner, and then did our newer tradition of a white elephant gift exchange with everyone in my family, as well as everyone in my mom's best friend's family. It was a lot of fun and we came home with some little Christmas toys and a Veggetti, which hopefully I'll actually use!


After my mom's friend and her family left, we sat down to open presents from one another. Noelle was super in to opening presents and kept asking if there were more gifts to open. I think it was less that she wanted more stuff, and more that she just enjoyed taking off wrapping paper to see what was inside everything. The kids got spoiled by my family, including my extended west coast relatives, who each got a little something for Noelle and Jonah. Actually, the gift from my grandma to Noelle was (not little) a giant pink castle tent that takes up a good amount of space, but Noelle loves it!


Christmas morning, I got up when Jonah woke up and ran on the treadmill while Luke and Noelle slept in. Once everyone was awake, we made cinnamon rolls and then opened presents. Both Noelle and Jonah seemed equally excited about the easel we got for her and the train set we got for him. We spent the next few hours playing, and then headed to the Wiedeman's for Christmas with all the Wiedemans- which is now 11 adults, two kids, one baby on the way, and three dogs. It makes for a fun filled house!


We ate a yummy turkey dinner and exchanged gifts. There were a lot of Star Wars gifts floating around, which was especially exciting since everyone (minus me and the kids) were going to see the new Star Wars the next day. I got to catch up with Debbie (married to Luke's brother) who is expecting Noelle and Jonah's very first cousin NEXT month! I of course love talking pregnancy and babies, so that was fun!

A very busy, but very fun Christmas. I love that it was filled with family- nothing better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment