Monday, June 12, 2017

Some Recent Happenings

We've been busy and I've been tired, so I haven't been keeping track of life as well. But I just ordered my 2016 blog book, and it was my reminder to keep at it so we can remember all the fun, little things we do!


Memorial Day weekend included a cookout on Sunday at my parent's house, where Luke and Jason shot little rockets out into the yard, and Noelle and Jonah would go chase them down. It was hilarious, and actually got Noelle to move! On Monday, we went to a local parade, and then to Luke's parent's house for a cookout. Weekends that are long and filled with family are the BEST!


We had a teeny tiny birthday party for Noelle on June 3rd. I really wanted to give her a birthday party for turning 5, but I also wanted to make sure it happened with no chance of baby disrupting plans. She chose 5 girlfriends to invite, we sent out My Little Pony invites, did Pin the Tail on the horse, a My Little Pony pinata, and had cake and ice cream. And of course opening presents was a big highlight. She told me it was the best day ever, so I think that means it was a success!


We finally got the crib put together and the nursery set up. We've collected most of our dispersed baby items, including the bassinet, which Noelle and Jonah turned into a little bunk bed. I've washed a few baby clothes, packed a bag for the baby and the big kids, and even though there are probably a million more things I should do (like pack my own hospital bag), I'm feeling pretty relaxed about it all (that could completely change in 12 hours!)


Luke and I were able to attend the wedding of my best friend from high school this past weekend. It was fun to have some time just the two of us, watch Lauren get married, and catch up with a few people I haven't seen since high school. And I also met the girl who would have been one of my roommates if I had gone to Messiah College with Lauren as planned. It was a fun celebration, and I do really love being able to witness my friends begin married life! It's the best! Plus we're a little over a week away from our 9th anniversary, which makes June weddings all the more special. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment