Friday, August 18, 2017

This Morning

It's 9:00 on a Friday morning and all 5 of us are still in our pajamas. The baby didn't wake up for her first feeding until 4:45 a.m. and then slept until almost 8:00. The big kids got out of bed around 7:30, and other than a few meltdowns from Jonah, they've been happy eating breakfast and playing on the back deck. Overall, a pretty great night and morning so far!


As I'm standing in the kitchen making some breakfast, Luke is playing hide-n-seek with Noelle and Jonah. Our downstairs is small, so there aren't many places to hide, and it's usually pretty obvious where everyone is hiding. I hear Luke saying things like "are they behind the curtain? no! Clara, do you know where they are?" And after each thing Luke says, lots of squealing and giggling from the big kids.

I love it! This right here is even better than what I imagined my life would be like as a wife and mom. I'm one of those people who went to college more for an MRS degree than anything else (though I did enjoy most of my classes and think a degree is beneficial!) And I always knew I wanted kids. So basically, I'm living my dream.


Each day is full of it's challenges, and there are different seasons of this life that have been hard. But mostly, all these wonderful moments of family are what make it so so good. God's blessings abound!

No comments:

Post a Comment