Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Another "First" Holiday

Such a late post, but Clara celebrated her first Thanksgiving!! Another last "first" for our family. It's one of those things that makes me want to keep having babies!


Thanksgiving this year was perfect for being our last Thanksgiving while living in Maryland. My mom hosted and had her best friend who joins us for every holiday, Luke's parents and sister, my sister, Jason, and Holden, and Jason's mom and step-dad. All four grandkids had all their living grandparents from both sides of their families in one place for the holiday.

her first Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade

My sister Becky surprised my parents by showing up on Thanksgiving morning after having my mom convinced that she was spending the holiday with one of her friends in Colorado. She arrived the night before and slept at Heather's house, and then the two of them came over that morning to go for a walk. My dad was holding Clara watching the Thanksgiving Day parade when they arrived, and I could tell that as soon as my dad heard Becky's voice, he sort of cocked his head like "is that Becky?" So I grabbed Clara so he could get up and give her a hug. And of course, my mom being my mom, her first thought was how she was going to add Becky to the table for dinner. (Becky made 16 people at the table!)


Clara seems to do best when she can watch all the chaos and motion going on around her, and naps best when she's sleep-nursing attached to me. She did take a short nap on Thanksgiving, but spent most of it awake and with us. Dinner was a tad crazy as Jonah ended up falling asleep on Luke's lap for a short bit and woke up right as dinner was being served so he was quite cranky. Luke was trying to take care of him while I balanced the baby and trying to convince Noelle to eat more than just bread for dinner. #carbsforlife

The house was full, our bellies even more full, and I was definitely feeling thankful for the many blessings in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment