Monday, December 18, 2017

Christmas Things

While I was grocery shopping after Thanksgiving, I got sucked in to the pre-made sugar cookie dough with Christmas trees. I knew the kids would be excited to "make" a Christmas treat, and for this season of life, these seemed like the best option! (aka the season of displacement and upheaval!)


We joined Heather, Jason, and Holden to go down and welcome Santa on Main Street. It was crowded, but we saw Santa arrive on the fire truck, walked through the model train display, got hot chocolate, and enjoyed all the Christmas decorations!


My mom and I took Jonah, Holden, and Clara to Home Depot to pick out a Christmas tree. My mom is usually pretty picky in choosing a tree, but decided the second one we looked at was the one! I was sad that Luke and Noelle missed the tree picking, but tis the season in our lives right now. But it was still fun picking out Clara's first Christmas tree!


My mom treated Noelle and me to see The Nutcracker performed by the Arabesque Dance Studio. I wasn't sure how Noelle would do since there's no dialogue, but she loved it! It was a mix of ages and very well done. The youngest age group (probably Noelle's age and younger) danced as the jesters and it was adorable! We might just have to make The Nutcracker a yearly tradition!


We went to the mall the other day to hang out with friends, and even though we didn't last long because Jonah was struggling with a man cold, we got to see the poinsettia Christmas tree and watched one of the local high school chorus groups sing some holiday songs. I can't believe we're only one week from Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment