Tuesday, January 9, 2018

New School and Zoe

Noelle had a successful first day at her new school yesterday! I think I was more nervous than she was, and she hardly looked back at as when we left. It was sweet being able to go as a whole family to drop her off and see her desk. When I picked her up at the end of the day, she was so excited to show me what she made in art and the cards that her new friends had made her.


After we dropped her off in the morning, Luke headed to work and Jonah and I went in search of donuts. We found a local place, and the donut we got was delicious! Jonah is sick with something but he perked up enough for a donut!


We also started to sleep train Clara the second night we were here because I could not handle waking up 5 times a night anymore. She cried a bunch the first night, and then about 30 minutes the second night. But I only got up once each night to feed her. I really hope to get her only waking once and not crying at all. :)


Zoe is so happy to have us here!! She follows us around and has slept on our bed every night. Last night she laid on me while I read before bed and purred the whole time. She keeps scratching at the door to go out, but we want her to wait a little bit longer.


We have been abundantly blessed since we've been here, and I can tell that so many are praying for  us. I've received texts  and emails from friends and family from home (not sure when I'll  start calling TN home :)) just checking in. My friend and sister-in-law here have been making plans to get together with me. Ladies from my new MOPS group have been helpful, and on Sunday evening the sister-in-law of one of my close friends from MD brought us a delicious dinner. Yesterday Luke came home with a gift card for me from his work thanking me for putting up with all the craziness of moving and Luke being away. Hopefully soon I'll get to my half day at the spa (I truly won't know what to do with myself!) God is so good and showing up in all the little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment