Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Our "Snow" Week

So last week was like having a second Christmas break- no school ALL week! Monday was MLK Day, and then when we got two inches of snow on Tuesday, the schools were closed for the REST OF THE WEEK! By Wednesday evening, Luke and I just looked at each other like "what??" when we got the email that Noelle's school was closed. I will say, since snow happens so infrequently, they must only plow and salt the main roads (I didn't see a single plow), and no one shoveled their walkway or driveway. School cancellations meant no MOPS meeting, but the kids and I did escape to Target and to check out our new local library!

train table at the library
While out and about before the expected snow, we hung out at the Books A Million nearby, and then explored the super local zoo, aka Pet Smart. There was also a frozen yogurt place in the shopping center I planned on taking them to, but when we tried to go in, the door was locked. It's decorated with Valentine's Day decorations, so I don't think they're closed for the winter, but maybe they were just closed because of the snow?? So instead, we headed to Gigi's Cupcakes and ate some delicious tiny cupcakes!


On Thursday last week, I was able to visit with my sister-in-law, which was SO good and much needed. Luke is the only adult I've interacted with since we've moved (other than texting/social media/etc), and it was good to have a mama friend to hang out with for a little bit! Granted, Noelle and Jonah had reached a point of fighting with each other over almost everything, so I spent a lot of the time overseeing their arguments. #momlife


On Friday, we headed to our new mall! The kids were super excited to try out the play place, and I was happy when Noelle willingly wanted to explore the American Girl store. I loved my Kirsten doll as a kid, and while Noelle hasn't really gotten into dolls a whole lot (she has two dolls- not American Girl though), she did want to keep walking around the store looking at everything. Maybe she'll get more into it, and we can go to the cafe and have lunch with her doll someday.

And while we were going a little crazy with all the days off, it was a good reason to be able to go out exploring and finding our new "spots" around town.


On Sunday, we got ourselves together, and tried a nearby church for the first time. It's a HUGE church- five services, and the one we were at was packed. But it seems like they have a strong kids program, they're planning on planting a church a little bit further south, they have community groups, and the sermon was good. And on a random note, as we were picking up the kids afterwards to head home, I walked past a woman who looked familiar to me. I quickly figured out that she is someone I've followed on Instagram for a few years, and her family happened to also move down this way recently. Small world!

No comments:

Post a Comment