Monday, May 14, 2018

Mother's Day Weekend 2018

We had a sunny, fun-filled weekend!! It seems like summer has arrived, and with only two weeks left of school, family coming SO soon, and summer birthdays over the next few months, summer is going to FLY by! (And the fact that Noelle goes back to school on August 9th!!)

On Saturday we made plans to meet up with friends in Franklin to watch the Franklin Rodeo parade. It ended up being the perfect weather- sunny, but breezy in the shade. And thankfully we found a spot under a giant tree to watch right at the town square. Downtown Franklin is so cute, and I'm excited for exploring it more. Lots of fun places to eat, coffee shops, a bookstore, little specialty shops.


We packed food for the kids, which they munched on while waiting for things to start. The parade itself was the perfect length- not too long, and Noelle and Jonah's favorite was of course getting candy. There were horses, motorcycles, firetrucks, and more.

Afterwards we headed to The Factory to get Jenni's ice cream. It was our first time getting it, and it was SO good!


Mother's Day started with a run on the treadmill for me while Clara drank her bottle and played on the floor. There was also a bouquet of roses with a note from Luke waiting on the kitchen table for me. Luke says it was Jonah's idea to get the flowers when they had run out to Target the evening before. :)


By the time I was done with my run, the big kids were up and ready for breakfast. Luke had left at 6:40 to help set up at church, but thankfully since I got up at 6:00 when he did (plus Clara decided 6:00 was a good time to be up), I had plenty of time to get us ready. Since Clara was getting fussy, I wanted to get her out of the house to keep her distracted so we headed to Starbucks for coffee and cake pops.


Two different gentleman wished me a Happy Mother's Day, and my kids were mostly behaved for the time we were there. (win-win!) And then of course Clara fell asleep on the drive to church so I carried her in in her carseat, which I haven't picked up in ages! SO HEAVY! She was fussy for most of the end of the sermon and the brief meeting afterwards so I hustled the kids out at the end, and did our grocery shopping pick-up at Walmart. (This was our second time ever ordering our groceries online and then picking them up, and it is SO convenient!)

Once Luke got home from helping tear down at church, he basically demanded that I go to Panera to have a nice quiet lunch to myself. I ate my food peacefully without interruption, and finished reading a book. It was kind of amazing. I mean, I love eating with my family most of all, but it's nice to eat at my own pace rather than rushing to make sure I can get the baby when she's done eating, and not being asked for water, more ketchup, and a million other things. :)


The rest of the afternoon was spent trying to keep Clara happy. She and I eventually headed off to Target to wander around in the air-conditioning and spend my birthday giftcard money (thanks, Becks!) She stayed happy for the most part, and then it was dinner and keeping her awake till a decent bedtime hour when we got home. (Also, I put her in the back of the shopping cart while I was checking out, and she pulled herself up to standing for the FIRST TIME!)


Overall, it was a very good Mother's Day weekend! Time with friends, delicious ice cream, hanging with my kids, talks with my hubby. I am SO thankful for this life and my roles as a mom and wife. I was also definitely thinking of the women I know who are praying and hoping for a (or another) baby. I know my heart ached in years past on Mother's Day when it felt like someone was missing. Thankful for a God who wants us to want Him more than anything!

not from Mother's Day, but I love this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment