Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Clara Irene: 10 Months Old

It's May 1st and I can officially say my baby turns 1 NEXT MONTH! What?? Even though we're done having babies, the baby fever is real!


This has been a big month of change- more mobility, no more nursing, clapping like a pro. This girl is growing up!

Height and Weight: At her (very late) 9 month appointment (six days before she hit 10 months...) she was 15.6 pounds (6% WHO, 1.7% CDC), and I don't remember her length. (This pediatrician doesn't give me a print out like our MD one did.) But she's growing, and still seems to be right on par with where Noelle was at this age.

Diapers and Clothing: I'm washing her six month sleepers, and putting those away (aka a pile in the closet until I figure out what to do with them!) And wearing size 2 diapers. I don't have much 9 month sized things, but those fit her best.


Sleep: Overall, sleep has been great! Clara is consistently sleeping through the night, occasionally fussing, but falling back asleep. Since we're on the go so much during the day, nap are pretty inconsistent. Some days if we have a longer drive, she only takes naps in the car, and other times, she'll take one long nap. On Saturday after we did something as a family for most of the morning/lunch time, she took a three hour nap!

Eating: Nursing has been done for about three weeks now, and I'm a little sad. I was trying to make it go for as long as she was willing, but we were already down to only nursing in the mornings. Three weeks ago, I attempted to nurse her in the morning, and she just kind of looked at me like "what are you doing?" So that was it. I didn't even try again after that. I really don't enjoy nursing, but I think I'm sad because I was a bit hopeful that we'd make it nursing til a year (even if it was just a little bit), and because she's the last one. One more baby thing that I'll never get to experience again.

She usually gets 4-5 bottles of formula a day varying from 3 to 5 ounces, although doesn't always completely finish them. We've been giving her the sensitive tummy kind in hopes that will help with digestion issues. She also eats food really well and will often eat whatever I'm eating (Italian chicken and potatoes, cashew chicken and broccoli, eggs with peppers and sweet potato.) She still gets baby food from the store, and will eat crackers, raisins, black beans, and more.


Social/Milestones: She loves to clap! If we start clapping, or say "yay!", she'll usually start clapping her hands and smiling at us. She has her two bottom teeth, and scootches around everywhere! She moves her feet forward, and then scootches her hiney to follow. She's been getting faster and faster, and I've had to make sure the baby gate is closed at the top of the stairs and that little things are picked up since she loves to put everything in her mouth. Crawling is still a no go, but at least she can move herself around to keep herself more entertained!

She says "mamamamama", but not directed towards me. She loves the cat, and will follow her as much as she can. Clara has been scratched by Zoe, but that doesn't seem to diminish her desire to get her hands on Zoe's fur!


Likes: Bath time is still a positive. If she's having a fussy evening, but it's not bedtime yet, I can usually put her in the bath and she gets happier. Depending on mood, she will last for a bit in the stroller if we're going for walks. She really does pretty well when we're out and about- watching all the kids on the playground, swinging in the baby swing, being held, eating food.

Dislikes: Mornings are hard when Luke has left and I still need to shower (which is most mornings.) I stick her in the little baby seat so she can't get in to anything and hop in the shower. But usually she fusses the whole time and cries little crocodile tears until I scoop her up. Little stinker.


Fun things: Clara celebrated her first Easter! It was a good one, with lots of egg hunts leading up to the holiday, and a day well spent at church and at Uncle Caleb and Aunt Debbie's house. There were trips to the library, visiting daddy at work, our first visit to Lucky Ladd Farm, Mule Day in Columbia, playgrounds, Friday Bible study, meeting up with friends and their baby girl in Nashville, MOPS, and more! It's been a busy, but fun month for sure!


Pictures from the last month:

scootin around to the chair

pre-bedtime feed with mama

loungin in her high chair

family picture after dinner with friends!

falling asleep on mama

library couch

post church picture

feeding herself black beans

snackin at a play date

hanging with mama at Lucky Ladd

No comments:

Post a Comment