Sunday, June 24, 2018

Happy First Birthday, Clara Irene!

My dear, sweet Clara Irene! My little bug!

My baby girl, you are one year old! My mommy heart hurts to say goodbye to baby-hood. It is such a unique, short time of life with so much change and growth, and I have loved watching you grow!

the moment you were placed in my arms

You make us laugh with your goofy faces, especially as you scoot around on your hiney and peek around at us from corners in the house. Your giggles are contagious and have me laughing out loud!


I love watching you watch your siblings. You want so badly to join in the fun with them, but also have no problem pushing them away when you've had enough loving. Before I know it, you'll be running around with them in the backyard, keeping up with them on your tiny legs.


You LOVE water! Bathtime, the baby pool in the backyard, the splash pad, the neighborhood pool- you kick those little legs like crazy when you know you're getting into the water. Maybe you and Jonah will be our swimmers like Daddy!


This past year has been full of change for our family, and I'm so thankful you were along for the ride. When you were born, little did we know that just a few months later, we'd be moving to a new state. You tagged along on our trip to TN to look for a house, making the drive back down less than two months later to move. You are quite the traveling champ. You even had your first plane ride at two months old to go visit your GG.


You've been the best little tag along as we took your siblings to school,  went to play dates, trips to the library and zoo. In part because of our move, you stayed with me at church the longest, not really going into nursery until recently. While I didn't get to pay attention to the sermon from week to week, I am thankful for the time I had with you. We're attached at the hip, and I'm not complaining. :)


Girlfriend, you are such an answer to prayer. For over two years, I longed for another baby. The caboose to our trio. My heart ached as I prayed and begged God for you. And in His timing and way, He blessed us with YOU. I will always look at you and be reminded of His answering my prayer in just the right way. I pray that you come to know Jesus and love Him with your whole heart. Mama is still learning and growing in Him, and my hope is that you know of His love your whole life.

We love you, our sweet Clara Irene. Happy first birthday, little love!

love,
mama

No comments:

Post a Comment