Saturday, June 30, 2018

Bell Buckle and Build A Bear

At the end of May, and while my family was visiting, we kept noticing this little dog running around our backyard. It would never come close, and we just assumed that it kept escaping from its house. Well, my mom kept seeing it for the few days she was watching the kids and thought it looked skinnier, and eventually seemed to be staggering a bit in the heat. My neighbor and I talked about the dog, and a picture had been posted on the neighborhood Facebook page, and no one knew anything about the dog. My mom encouraged me to call animal control, and they brought us a trap to set up in the back. We caught the pup, and the poor thing was so hungry and covered in dime sized ticks. Luke and I talked briefly about keeping the dog, or adopting it if no one came to the animal shelter to claim it. But having a dog would just make it harder to travel, and often I'm out for hours at a time with the kids and that wouldn't be fair to the dog. But he/she was awfully sweet!


My mom heard about Noelle's constant asking to go to Build A Bear and got her a giftcard for her birthday. In true Noelle fashion, it was burning a hole in her pocket and needed to be spent ASAP. We went a few weeks ago, and she had a blast picking out her animal (a rainbow leopard), choosing a name, and picking out a few accessories. It's the first time I've ever done Build A Bear, and it was fun!


A few weekends ago, we heard about the Moon Pie Festival in Bell Buckle. There is a 10 mile race that I had hoped to do, but since getting injured that was out. But we still thought a festival celebrating the Moon Pie cookie and RC Cola would be fun! As is typical for us, we were running behind and missed the parade, but we were able to wander around for a bit to see some of the vendors. It was hot so the kids didn't last long, but while they were slurping up their snow balls, I checked out a few stores full of antique items. It was a super cute town, and I'd love to go back and explore some more! I mean with a name like Bell Buckle, how could it not be cute!


My girls! Sometimes I still can't believe I have two! Noelle is pretty much still just as in love with Clara as she was when Clara was first born. Noelle is a pretty good helper, and I'm curious to see how their relationship develops. I worry that a five year age gap will make it hard for them to be close, but I also know that adulthood shrinks that age gap right up (I love that my sister six years younger than me is more in the same place of life!)


And all three of them together.  Jonah can make Clara laugh, and they both get so proud of her when she does anything- pulls herself up, says mamamama, scoots around on the floor. It's the sweetest!


And a baby on my hip. How we're closing out this baby stage, I just don't know. We did reach a point before I had Clara where I wasn't holding Jonah as often. But then Holden came. And then Clara came. She's no where close to walking- at least another month or two. But for now, I'll wear that girl on my hip! (Also, check out that sass!)

No comments:

Post a Comment