Friday, July 27, 2018

Catching Up On July

These pictures are all out of order, but July fun must be documented! Or I'll forget what we did. I already get to the end of a week and forget what we did that week. Mom brain? Or maybe I'm just getting old?

The kids and I were part of the insane Build-A-Bear pay your age day. When my friend sent me the info on it, I thought sure, why not? We have no plans that day. She and I chatted and decided to get to the mall a half hour before the store opened. I had also let my mom know about it to take my nephew, and I got a call from her about 45 minutes before I planned on leaving (she's an hour ahead of us) to let me know that there were hundreds of people waiting in line at the mall she went to, and that the store has opened earlier than usual. What?? So I stuffed my bag with snacks, texted my friend and sister-in-law and let them know we were heading out sooner than planned.


We ended up waiting in line for over 4 hours. We questioned it multiple times if it was even worth it, but eventually we reached a point where we'd waited long enough that there was no turning back. Between the three of us there were six kids, ages 6, 4, 2, and 1. Between snacks and Netflix on my phone they kept themselves pretty happy. Once we got to the front of the line, we were told it was another hour long wait to stuff the animals, so we opted to buy our animals and come back another time to stuff them. (Which is what these two pictures are from. And which we did the very next day.) Noelle got Skye, Jonah got a storm trooper bear, and Clara got a cute little teddy bear.



A couple of Saturdays ago, Luke and I each took one of the big kids on a date for some one-on-one time. Noelle and I went to Starbucks and colored pictures while I drank coffee and she ate her cookie. It was such a sweet time to connect with my big girl without interruptions, and when I asked her what her favorite part of summer break had been, she said right now having alone time with me (most likely because it was fresh in her brain!) Later that evening, Luke took Jonah to "Old McDonalds" for dinner and they talked about Jonah's friends and Super Mario.


Noelle and Jonah had Vacation Bible School at the church where Jonah will attend pre-K in the fall, and they both loved it! Last year they did VBS at my in-law's church, and so they kind of knew what to expect. This church is much larger, so there were a LOT of kids, but they both jumped right in to the fun. For Jonah's age group they did a Shipwrecked theme, and for the older kids it was Star Wars: The Force Within. They both loved it, and the parents were spoiled as well! Every day during drop-off they had treats for the parents: Chick-Fil-A chicken minis, McDonald's sausage biscuit, Peach Truck peaches, juiced veggies/fruits from a local juicery, and donuts from a local donut place. It was really sweet, and they did a great job with everything! Clara and I got some good one-on-one time, where we hung with friends, went to the park, explored Aldi's, got a flat tire on one of our brand NEW tires, and met with Luke and our pastor to interview for membership. My little tag-along is not always the easiest, but I love our little bug!

 
Earlier in July, we did cow appreciation day at Chick Fil A. Jonah stuffed himself into the dalmatian costume for the third year in a row (which Noelle wore for Halloween when she was two), and the rest of us donned our spots. We met my friend and her kids, and got there just in time to avoid a crazy line. Always so much fun getting free food, especially when it's one of our favorites!


On Mondays, our church's moms group gets together, and one of the Mondays we went to a local chocolate factory for a tour. The kids got to dip things in a giant vat of chocolate, and we all walked away with delicious chocolate to share. It will be sad not having Noelle join us for our Monday get-togethers when she goes back to school (which is SO soon!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment