Tuesday, July 3, 2018

SIX!

Happy SIXTH birthday to my firstborn!!


You have blown us away with your growth and learning in the last year. Coming home from school actually reading easy sentences to us, and spouting off the answers to math facts like it's no big deal. You have done SO well. And not only that, but you transitioned beautifully from your school in MD to TN. It was seamless, and you embraced your new friends and teacher like you'd been a part of them all year long.


You've done such a great job growing into your roll as big sister to two. You and Jonah love each other, and he clearly looks up to you. While you're both learning how to share and take turns and don't always agree, you continually come back to each other and have such a great friendship. You take great care of Clara! You get her toys when she's upset, you love to give her little bites of your food, and you try to keep her entertained when I'm trying to get something done. You're like her second little mama, and are so proud to show her off!


I love having my big girl to talk to. You listen to me read books, talk with me about Jesus, perform dances and songs you make up, and tell me what you've learned on the Magic School Bus. You make me multiple crafts a day, and "give" me gifts, aka little toys wrapped up in blankets or bags. You're goofy, and fun, and I love that we get to have you home with us for the summer.


Your favorite is going to the library when it involves making a craft, going to the zoo, doing ANYTHING that has to do with crafting, listening and dancing to Shake It Off, watching tv shows on your tablet, playing with the neighbors, and the fun things that get sprinkled into our everyday. Things like a trip to the splash pad, or seeing fireworks from the front yard make you say "this is the best day!" And I hope those fun, simple things always bring joy to your life!



You are a girly girl through and through. You are all about dresses and skirts, wearing your lip gloss and hair accessories (assuming you'll let me brush your hair), and all things pink and glittery.

Your big girl attitude is coming through as you figure out this whole growing up thing, and believe me, I'm learning right there with you. I'm praying most of all that you know Jesus, that He would just capture your heart and give you a desire like none other to follow hard after Him. I love you so much and am so proud to be your mom!!

Happy Birthday, Noelle!

love,
mom

No comments:

Post a Comment