Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Jonah at 15 Months

Jonah baby (I will call him that forever!) was officially 15 months old as of last Thursday, and on Monday we had his well-check appointment. It's hard to believe we're coming up on two years since finding out I was pregnant!


The nurse practitioner we saw was very pleased with his growth- he almost doubled his percentile in both height and weight! He was 31 inches (47%) and 22 pounds 8 ounces (22%). She said that he'd probably just gone through a growth spurt and would start to slow down some, especially as he gets more focused on other things and not on eating. I can already tell he's getting pickier about what he eats, and just wants to constantly move.

The words he says consistently are Dada, Mama, Zooo (when he's following the cat around), and yuh or dah (for yes). He answers almost every question with "yuh"- which I think is more based on our intonation than understanding the question. He also tries to repeat words, like when he's standing in his high chair or on the counter, and I'm firmly saying sit. He just continues to stand, emphatically saying "Sih" and smiling at me. We were out for a family walk the other day and Noelle and I were pretending to race, saying "ready, set, go" every few feet and "running" to Daddy. Jonah caught on, and when he heard us saying "ready, set", he would say "go"! Sometimes he'll attempt other words that he hears us say, like bye or hi.


Jonah is thankfully continuing to sleep solidly through the night for about 11 hours, going to bed around 8 and waking around 7. He still seems to be holding on to the morning nap, but if I keep us busy in the morning, he's usually good until about lunchtime and then starts to lose it. I'm hoping we can drop the morning nap so that I don't feel as stuck at home in the morning and afternoon to make sure he gets his sleep!

He still only has 8 teeth, but the nurse practitioner said she could see that his gums were really swollen. Hopefully those teeth pop through soon, and it would explain why he's been a little bit crankier than usual lately. He's in size 3 diapers and 12 month clothing, though the ones that have been passed down to us and been lovingly worn are getting a tad small. But we have continued to be so blessed by people giving us hand-me-downs that he will be well dressed for awhile!


Overall, I'm having a lot of fun with him at this age. He's into everything, climbing things that Noelle never even thought about climbing, falling when he runs down the sidewalk, going down slides by himself on his belly. climbing on and off our bed (just waiting until the day he tries to climb out of his crib!), and in general just being a busy, busy boy! He still prefers me most of all (which I not so secretly love), but also, once I'm out of sight, he's a busy baby wherever he is. Until he hears my voice or sees me, then he's all like, I need my mom. Right. Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment