Wednesday, April 11, 2018

33 and Mule Day!

Last Friday was my 33rd birthday! Eek!! Things that have made me feel old lately: having three kids, talking about adults who were born in 1995, thinking about my freshman year of college and how that was 15 years ago! But this past year was full of good- there are days where I just look at the three kids playing around me and acknowledge God's blessings! Clara who was so longed for and prayed for. A big family move that has brought friendships that I was not expecting this quickly, a job that Luke is enjoying (with a commute that has him home so much more!) It's been good!

I started the morning with a run (Praise the Lord!), and made it to a slow 4.6 miles (in honor of it being 4/6.) I'm just thankful to be moving my body again! I still have some pain in the ankle I did NOT injure, but overall it's fine and doesn't bother me during the day to day.


We had Bible study that morning, and one of the other girls had her birthday the day before, so I ran out to Starbucks beforehand to get my birthday drink and pick up something for her. At Bible study, we had chocolate muffins and a delicious egg casserole to celebrate our birthdays. My friend who leads the study had gifts for both of us, and she lead honor time, where anyone who wanted could speak truth and encouragement over the two of us celebrating turning a year older. It was special and sweet and made me feel very loved!

Afterwards, my friend Becca and I took our kids to Chick Fil A for lunch so that they could play and we could chat. Noelle had a half day, so I swung by and picked her up on the way, and I was happy to have her join the fun! Becca and I were able to talk for awhile, until her youngest kept escaping and Clara was starting to get fussy. We headed home, and I was able to put Clara down for a nap and get the big kids settled on the tablet. Luke got home from work early (yay!), and then ran out to grab us dinner from Panera (one of my favorites!) I got the shoes and Bible tabs I asked for, along with cards from lots of family and friends! I felt very loved!


On Saturday, the high was predicted to be 36*, but we knew in the town south of us, their big claim to fame, Mule Day was going down. Becca and I kept texting about whether or not we were going since it was going to be so cold, and Luke and I decided to wait till morning to see what the weather was doing. It was COLD (especially for April!) but we decided to drive down and just see how long the kids would last. We parked and walked down to the street that the parade was going down, and just kept walking to stay warm. Eventually we ducked into a building that had hosted a pancake breakfast and warmed up in the lobby until we heard the police sirens signalling the beginning of the parade. Jonah and Noelle lasted for about 20 minutes of the parade before we decided it would be a good idea to head back towards the car. Hopefully next year it will be warmer so we can check out more! I told Luke it makes me want to get a mule. :)


We've been keeping busy with the moms day our church has on Mondays, Bible study on Fridays, MOPS every other week on Wednesdays, and play dates with our new friends! We like to go to the library when we can, though I'm finding it hard to read to the kids because Clara does not stay happy if she's not being held. But she does last at the library for a little while!


And yesterday was National Sibling day! Love my little trio and seeing them grow up together! And I love my siblings! I miss them and cannot wait to see them all in June! And hopefully we'll see my siblings-by-marriage soon too!! (come visit us!)

No comments:

Post a Comment