Thursday, April 26, 2018

Clara's 9 Month Well-Check- from Jonah's Perspective

A week  or so before Clara hit 10 months, we finally got around to going to the doctor for her 9 month well-check. #thirdchild #alsowejustmoved

Jonah was getting antsy about 30 seconds after we got into the exam room, so I told him to take some pictures on my phone. I deleted about 200, but kept a few to document her appointment. :)

There was some "forced" tummy time so the doctor could see what she can (or cannot) do. Most babies can roll around and go from laying down to sitting up, to pulling up, to starting to cruise at this point. But not Clara. She is content to sit, and scoot around, and have others bring her things. Tummy time usually means crying. The doctor is pretty sure that at 12 months, Clara will be capable of walking, but isn't sure how likely she'll want to be walking.


Gotta check that baby mouth! Two bottom teeth, and the doctor said the top two are starting to come in!


Getting her ears checked. And maybe I'm asking a question?


Concerned? Brushing back my hair? And I'm only not wearing a sweatshirt because we had MOPS that morning, and I try to look presentable on those days. :)


"Smile, mommy!"


 Off to go set our chunky girl on the scale. Weighing in at 15.6 pounds (1 % CDC, almost 6% WHO) (apparently there's a difference and my pediatrician in MD did CDC, and the one here does WHO)



 A portrait: a doctor, a baby, and a mother.


Seriously, I deleted 200 pictures, but Jonah kept himself entertained. And we liked our doctor, and Clara looks great! We also had Jonah's 4 year well check this week, and he's also rocking it. He can hear, he can see, he's growing. And as much as he's been asking to get the flu shot, he's now decided he does not in fact like shots. But he handled the two he got without any tears!


And before we went to his appointment, we hurried over to Dunkin Donuts so Jonah could buy the birthday donut Grandma sent him money for (and I cashed in on my free birthday drink!)

No comments:

Post a Comment