Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Our Easter Weekend

Normally we would have had Bible study on Friday morning, but it was cancelled because of spring break for a lot of people in the group. Instead, the kids and I played at home for a bit before heading up to meet Luke for lunch. We swung by his office to get him, and then drove over to try Which Wich. Jonah loved his pizza sandwich, and Noelle her turkey and cheese. I got a vegetarian wrap (because veggies are life!) and it was delicious! Clara sat in the high chair and I fed her little bits of my food. The kids were excited because as part of their kid meals, they got a special token to get M&Ms out of a little dispenser. (Which of course Jonah managed to spill all over the floor right before we left!)

messy console always

Afterwards, we went back to Luke's office and he gave us a quick tour. In the two years he worked in D.C., we never went to visit him. I wasn't sure I wanted to navigate the metro with two kids by myself, and there was no way I was driving in. But now his office is 25 minutes away and so easy to get to! The kids of course were most excited about swinging by the office kitchen to pick out a treat.


On Saturday, we went to a local farm that my sister got us a season pass for. There is so much to do (slides, swings, pony rides, wagon rides, farm animals, giant jumping pillow, and more!) and on Saturday they had an Easter egg hunt, which my kids are now obsessed with. They had so much fun, and thankfully with a season pass, we didn't feel bad about leaving after 2.5 hours. Noelle and Jonah could have stayed longer, but Clara was starting to get fussy, and I was hungry!


On Sunday morning, the kids woke up in time for us to get dressed, take some pictures, go on a scavenger hunt for Easter baskets, a quick Easter egg hunt on the back deck, finishing the last Resurrection egg, and then opening the Easter box shipped from Nana and Aunt Heather. It was busy, but they were so excited about it all!


We went to church and then drove up to my brother-in-law's for Easter lunch. They had a giant chicken pot pie, and we brought some sides. It was yummy, and the kids enjoyed their chicken nugget lunches. :) I filled a bunch of Easter eggs, and Luke spread them out around the backyard so that Noelle, Jonah, and their cousin could search for eggs. One last Easter egg hunt hurrah until next year!


After they played for a bit, we headed home. We'd eaten lunch late, but I was starting to get hungry and a milkshake sounded like the perfect dinner. Luke ran out to Sonic and brought back milkshakes for us, and the big kids were mostly too busy watching something to notice that we were eating ice cream without them. And milkshakes for dinner might just have to be a new Easter tradition!


Jesus is risen, and I want to live my life with that truth in mind. Women were the first to find out that He had risen from the grave, and the angel told them to go SHARE the news! What joyous news we have to share- it truly is LIFE! When the women saw Jesus, they clung to His feet and worshiped. I hope and pray that God continues to work in my life and give me a heart and spirit that responds in love and adoration for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment