Monday, February 8, 2016

Attack of the Stomach Bug

Last week all four of us were taken down by the (self-diagnosed) norovirus. Late afternoon on Wednesday Noelle threw up all over her bedroom floor. I got her changed, sopped everything up, washed it down with cleaning solution, and she fell asleep on my bed. And when I went to get her up a little bit later, she threw up again as soon as she was standing. Soon after, it hit me, and the two of us were down for the count sharing my bed as the "sick bed", while Luke slept in her bed. The worst was when I was puking over the side of the bed into a trash can, and I could hear her start puking next to me. Luke was super amazing and kept the laundry going and cleaned up messes.

Thursday was basically a "let's watch Barney all day" kind of day so that I could sleep/rest on the couch and try to do some more laundry. When Luke came home from work, he said that his stomach wasn't feeling so great, and he was in bed before 9:00- which never happens. Jonah also puked that evening, and apparently at some point in the middle of the night because he woke up with puke on his pajamas. Poor kid! But he handled it so well, and even when he puked on Friday, he would be upset for a few minutes, and then happily go play. Noelle didn't get out of bed until after noon on Friday, and spent the rest of the day curled up on the couch. I was thankfully feeling much better and spent some time scrubbing and wiping down as many surfaces as I could.

On Saturday, we were all still tired, but symptoms were gone. We decided to cancel a get-together we were hosting because we knew some cleaning still needed to be done, and we do not wish that nasty bug on anyone! The talk at pre-school drop-off this morning was how everyone was getting hit with this stomach bug, so it's good to know we're not the only ones. I'm just thankful it moved quickly and that Luke and I weren't hit with it at exactly the same time.

our outing today to replenish supplies
On another note, I have definitely become a super wimp when it comes to the cold. Especially cold weather running. I have gone running 39 times this year, and have only run outside 5 times! At least I'm getting good use out of the treadmill, right? I mean, the massive dumping of snow we got made it impossible for like a week, but really it's the temperatures below 20* that make me dread the thought of leaving the house. Today was the fifth time running outside and I was pleasantly surprised by my pace. I think my body was happy to just go at what felt comfortable, and to embrace the downhill! I really want to find a race to run, but might look for one in the warmer months. And I just need to work on convincing Luke to move south. And then all our friends and family to come join us. (#teamnashville or #thebeach)

No comments:

Post a Comment