Friday, February 12, 2016

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

It was just like any normal preschool day, and Jonah and I were on our way to pick Noelle up from school.

Probably 95% of the time we're listening to Noelle's music in the car- aka the CDs that came with her baby genius movies or the Christian music CD she got from Nana. The other 5% of the time we listen to Luke's music or mine. (And 99% of the time, my music is back and forth between the two Christian radio stations in our area. Unless it's Christmas, then it's Christmas CDs on repeat.)

Well, as Jonah and I are driving along, I decide to turn the radio to one of my tried and true Christian stations, WGTS. I've listened to this station consistently for about the last nine years, and as far back as I can remember, they've always had the family name game. The morning, afternoon, and evening hosts each have a boy or girl name, and if your child has that name as their first or middle name, you can call in and share about your child.

And the best part- they treat your whole family to Chick Fil A!

I'm half listening as we're driving, and I vaguely hear that the star of the afternoon is Amanda. Wait, what, did I hear that right? Amanda is Noelle's middle name!

The DJ says the number to call, and I grab my phone, but three numbers in can't remember the rest of the number. I quickly pull into the school parking lot, google the number, and call it. A girl picks up, I tell her my daughter's middle name is Amanda, and she says she'll send me through to the DJ, Becky.

Next thing I know, I'm talking to Becky and totally blanking on how to answer her questions about what my daughter enjoys and how we've been spending our winter days. I think I said something about her watching all the princess movies, and how she loves her little brother sometimes a little too much.

But we got our Chick Fil A gift cards in the mail! So yay for a family date to one of our favorite places!

No comments:

Post a Comment