Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Jonah at 21 Months

Really, we're almost to 21 and a half months, but better late then never. And I so want to capture what our crazy boy is up to and what he's like!

And though we're still three months away from him turning two, we are already deep in the terrible twos! He tells me "no" on a daily basis, and runs away when I ask him to pick something up. And if he does not get his way, or I do something he doesn't want, there's usually a full fledged meltdown. He very much so wants to do many things on his own; it's just a battle trying to get him to communicate that without him whining or crumpling into a heap on the floor. He wants to take off his own shirt, wants to sit on the toddler potty whenever Noelle uses the bathroom, wants to wash his own hands even though he can't reach the water spout in the sink. Little mister independent.


On the flipside, he can also be quite polite. Whenever I give him something, he usually responds with "tank you!" He's usually willing to say sorry when we prompt him to do so after he's done something he shouldn't. I think he's also a little too used to us telling him to say sorry because when Luke told him to say good-night to me the other night, he promptly responded with "sorry". We all laughed, which made him say sorry over and over again. He knows he's a stinker!


He definitely has a quick temper, which is so different from Noelle. It does not take much to throw him into a fit, and Luke and I are going to have to learn how to work with him. I worry because when he's angry he starts to throw things, and I don't want him to hurt anyone else. Even when he was younger, he threw crayons at the library and I walked out in tears because it was my kid hurting someone else. I'm definitely praying for wisdom on that front!

Thankfully, he's generally a good sleeper. Goes to be between 7:30 and 8:00, and wakes up around 7:00-7:30 in the morning. It's very rare that he wakes up in the middle of the night (thank goodness!), and he naps for about two hours during the day around 2:00. He loves to have his crib full of toys, books, and trains, which is nice because sometimes he'll just play for a little while before he starts crying for us.


He's wearing size 4 diapers and 18-24 month clothes. Based on when he stands on the scale, he weighs 25-26 pounds. He will try most foods, but usually doesn't finish anything. He'll want toast in the morning just because Noelle has it, but only takes a few bites. He'll ask for a banana when Noelle has one, and only eats a few bites. Luke is much better about telling him no more food until he finishes what he's been given.

He is saying quite a few words, and even two word sentences. I'm amazed at how much he's able to communicate with us, especially since Noelle was only saying one or two words at this point and signing please, more, and thank you. I did teach Jonah some signs, and even though he says please, he'll still rub his tummy when we remind him to say please.


This kid has one of the cutest smiles I've ever seen. I think he knows he's a little charmer, and I know I'm in trouble! He loves trains, balls, and wrestling with Noelle and Daddy, but he also likes to wear Noelle's princess dresses and high heels. He certainly brings lots of laughter and fun to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment