Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Running and Such

I've continued to be a part of the 5 a.m. club, and I get up to run almost every morning. (Though not quite that early on weekends!) I signed up for a half marathon on April 26, and have been slowly adding to my "long" runs.  This will be my first half marathon since I was pregnant with Noelle and I am excited, but definitely nervous! This past Sunday when we were stuck inside because of copious amounts of snow, I ran 10 miles on the treadmill.  The longest I've run since having Jonah!  Just have to be able to add three more miles to that now.


I'm also still going to bed by 9:00 in order to be able to wake up at 5:00.  It's hard because I don't get any time in the evenings with just Luke, but that makes us appreciate what time we do get together even more.  Luke's sister has been incredibly generous with her time and is watching the kids on the first Friday of the month so that we can go out.  For February, Luke and I went to a local hibachi place where we had the rehearsal dinner for our wedding.  It was so fun to be out and to actually be able to sit through an entire meal together.


Last Monday, Noelle went over to my friend's house for a little bit, and while Jonah was napping, Luke (who had off for President's day) and I got to actually sit down and watch a couple of episodes of Psych.  In the ten months since Jonah was born, we have watched very little t.v. together, which is something we really enjoyed doing before Jonah was born.  Someday.  Someday when the kids are older we'll have time to catch up on t.v. shows.  Right?!?


Both kids have been battling sickness, and it's been especially bad for Noelle.  Both have runny noses, but Noelle has had a horrible cough that mostly comes out at night.  She's come to our bed almost every night for the past two weeks coughing like she's got the black lung, which makes for some not so good sleep for all of us.  But I think we're on the upswing and we can get back to going out in public without worrying about infecting everyone around us.


We got some good snow over the weekend, which Luke was especially excited about.  He's been hoping for a good dumping and he got it.  On Saturday we got probably at least six inches of snow. Then on Sunday, while it took some convincing, Luke took Noelle outside to play.  Once she was out and discovered how fun it was, she and Luke were probably out there for close to two hours.  They built a snowman and made snow angels and walked around in the snow.  While the snow is fun for kids, I am ready for some nice outdoor weather when we don't have to bundle everyone up in 20 layers!

No comments:

Post a Comment