Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Little Stage

It hit me today.  As I was nursing Jonah to sleep for an afternoon nap. (I know, not supposed to nurse babies to sleep, but it's the only way!)

He's so little and so perfect.  He's my little baby and this time of littleness is flying by.  I find myself wishing it away all too often because he's been so difficult.  Telling myself it's just a stage that he needs to get through, and then hoping that he grows up and out of it soon.


I take for granted that he's so little, thinking to myself that we'll have a third someday who will hopefully be more easy going, and I can enjoy the baby stage more.  But I've already been blessed abundantly by two precious little ones, and that may be all the Lord chooses to bless us with.  And two is even more than I deserve!

I stare at his eye lashes and his arm draped across my chest.  His little nose and cheeks.  And his tiny
baby hands are just too cute!  And I start to feel sad about how fast it's going.  He'll be 5 months soon, and he's already changed so much.  I love them little and I don't want to wish it away.

Days and nights with Jonah are hard, but are so worth it.  This little one is so a part of me and fills my heart with so much love.  I want to hang on to these days and enjoy them as much as possible.  I know it will be fun to watch him grow and change, as it's been fun seeing Noelle grow so much, but I also want to hold on to how he is now, in this little stage.


It's like the classic line from Robert Munsch's book goes:
"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
as long as I'm living,
my baby you'll be."

No comments:

Post a Comment