Monday, January 12, 2015

Pancakes and Pajamas

What could be better than hanging out in your pajamas all day on a Saturday?  Having friends come over in their PJs and eating pancakes with you!

We hosted a pajamas and pancakes party this past Saturday and it ended up being a lot of fun!  It was mostly people from our church who all have at least one kid (or one on the way), and I know I had a blast seeing everyone dressed in their fun pajamas.  Luke was the chef of the day and spent a lot of time in the kitchen making pancakes and sausage and bacon.  We also had a parfait table and some egg casserole dishes that my mom and I made.

the Frozen princess dress was of course 
being worn over her Frozen PJs

When I sent out the invite, I wanted to invite people from church as well as people from my MOPS group and by the time I sent it out, I realized I had invited over 40 people! Probably a little much for our tiny townhouse to hold, but we've always wanted our home to be open and we never want to exclude anyone!  The final count for who could come was 25 people, and even that amount was stressing me out. I cleaned and organized the basement so that there would be seating and toys down there, but everyone ended up staying upstairs.  It was mass craziness with all the adults sitting and chatting, while the kids were playing with the toys and books all around us.  But it was also just perfect and God knew just what our house would hold.

just wearing our PJs

I found the pajamas and pancakes party idea floating around on Instagram and instantly loved the idea of it!  It really is the perfect thing for families with young kids who like to wake up early- why not have a party that starts at 10 a.m. on a Saturday?  And I love breakfast foods, which are usually pretty easy to produce in large quantities.  Pinterest had some fun ideas to add to the party, but we kept it pretty simple with doing the food and hanging out.

Noelle was kind of a mess during the whole party and mostly just wanted "uppie mommy", but I think she had fun.  And she was able to name her friend's names when I asked her later who had come to the party- amazing to me to see her memory and vocabulary improving!  Jonah was pretty well behaved and got to spend a little bit of time with grandparents who all came to the party. Overall, we had a blast and might just have to make this a yearly occurrence!

Jonah in his PJs well after the party ended

And the kids and I stayed in our PJs the rest of the day, even when we went over to my parent's house to watch the Ravens game.  It really can't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment