Saturday, January 3, 2015

Two-and-A-Half

And just like that, we have a two-and-a-half year old.


I've been a mommy for two-and-a-half years.  It does not seem possible that it's been that long.  My first baby is no longer a baby, but fast becoming a little girl.  Her long hair with baby ringlets at the ends that I refuse to cut.  Her little voice telling us words and sentences.  The funny things she repeats after she hears us say it. (She said "oh child of mine" the other day when Jonah managed to spill my no longer hot coffee on the floor.)  Her love for her Care Bear and Strawberry Shortcake.

We love how she says "Come on, guys", and always, without fail, asks for "one more" after an episode of Strawberry Shortcake is over.  If Jonah starts to fuss, she says "Jonah nap. Watch.", knowing that she gets to watch something while I'm putting him down.  She's obsessed with her Frozen "princess dress", which gets worn on an almost daily and nightly basis.

newborn

She gets so excited to go visit Nana and Grandpa or Grandma and Grandpa.  She will pretty much only take a nap if she falls asleep in the car and transitions well into the house, but when she does, she naps hard.  She still falls asleep with me in my bed sometime between 8:30 and 9:00, and then wakes up around 7:30.

Our Ellie loves to pretend talk on the phone, but has also had a couple of legit conversations with Daddy on the phone while he's at work.  Whenever you ask her how old she is, she very assuredly responds with "three!"  And when she counts, it's always "one, two, three, eight".  When we read before bed she always wants one more, but a few nights she's so tired, she falls asleep while I'm reading to her.

one year old

She loves going into nursery at church, but is always so excited to see me when I get there to pick her up.  And she definitely associates church with being able to play.  She's getting too big for some of her 24 month/2T sized clothing, but is still swimming in some of it (gotta love that sizing is all over the place).  Throughout the day, I hear "Mommy, uppie!" whenever she wants to be held.

two years old

She's my girl, my first baby, and the one who made me a mommy.  I pray that she comes to know the Lord, and that Luke and I can be good examples of having a relationship with Him.  There is nothing more important than that.  And I love that I get to spend my days playing with her and watching her grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment