Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day 2015

As I was running this morning, I couldn't help but think about and pray for those who have gone before us and who are currently fighting for our freedom. They have sacrificed so much, and I know I take for granted my freedoms as an American. I am so thankful to be free to openly worship God, and to be able to have access to so many opportunities as a woman.

My brother served in the Marines for four years, and though I'm thankful he is safely away from battle grounds now, there is still the struggle of the trauma and losses of comrades. He posted a picture of two of his fallen brothers on Facebook, and it struck me at how young they were. I can only imagine the pain a mother feels when they outlive a child, or the guilt military people may feel that it was someone else and not them, or that maybe they could have done something differently.


This world is so broken, and so in need of Jesus. I pray that God is with our military, keeping them safe, but also drawing each of them to Himself. That they would know the peace of trusting Jesus and living in relationship with Him. And praying for families of those serving and who have lost loved ones that they would know His love and peace as well.

This Memorial Day we'll enjoy having Luke home for the day, the cook out, and the festivities honoring those who have served and are serving the USA, while remembering all that they've done for us.

as good as it got waiting for the Memorial Day parade to start

No comments:

Post a Comment