Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

My third Mother's Day come and gone, and I still feel like I just became a mom. Though, I guess when compared to my mom celebrating her 30th Mother's Day, I really did just become a mom. But I love celebrating motherhood and moms everywhere, as well as those who fill those mom rolls, even if they don't have kids of their own.

Last year Jonah was only about three and a half weeks old, so we were walking around in an exhausted daze, but it also made Mother's Day extra special to have him there. This year, we got to celebrate all weekend, and I felt a lot less exhausted! Saturday I had a baby shower to attend for my friend Megan who is due next month with her first. It's so fun celebrating these new blessings with friends, and I'm excited to see her become a mommy!

Mother's Day 2014- they were so little!

Saturday evening, we went up to Luke's parent's to treat his mom to a Mother's Day/Birthday dinner. I love that we live so close and are able to celebrate all the fun holidays and birthdays with family. Luke's mom raised five (five!) kids to be wonderful, loving adults, and I'm so thankful for her wisdom and help with my littles. Even though Jonah was in an extra-clingy-only-mom-will-do phase, we all had fun and got to eat yummy food!

Sunday morning, I woke up early to run (as usual), and when I was done getting ready, Luke surprised me with tulips, my favorite drink from Starbucks, and a breakfast sandwich. AND he bought two bouquets of tulips, one for me, and one for the MOPS registration table at church because I had mentioned that I wanted to run out Sunday morning to pick up some flowers. It definitely makes me appreciate that he was listening and remembered!


It was exciting to be at the MOPS registration table and talk to other women who were interested in joining, as well as hearing from older women who were excited for us because they had been a part of a MOPS group when their kids were little! I love that we're moving forward with kicking off registration and connecting with moms at our church, and hopefully moms in the community. And Mother's Day seemed like the perfect day to do it!

The afternoon involved chilling at home, and a not so easy trip to the grocery store with a cranky Noelle. Even though she chose to come with me, she threw a fit as we walked in saying she wanted to leave because we had left Care Bear at home, and after she finally settled down from that, threw a fit about not wanting to leave because I wouldn't move the food around in the cart so that she could sit in the back. Definitely becoming a moody threenager already!

 

After Jonah woke up from his nap, we headed to my parent's house for a cook out. It was a beautiful day, I ate a delicious grilled cheeseburger, summer fruit, salad, and chocolate cake for dessert. And I got spoiled by my family. My sisters had taken the kids to Heather's house for an afternoon about two months ago and made me adorable things to hang on the wall using Noelle and Jonah's handprints and footprints. I LOVE them! I get sad thinking about how big they've already grown and how one day they will be big teenagers, and the tiny-ness will be all gone.

some Roxy lovin'

I love my mom so much, and now that I'm a mom, appreciate her SO much more. The sleepless nights, the long days when my dad traveled, giving birth without drugs. I also understand her love for us a little bit more. A mother's love is truly unique and so strong. And I love sharing motherhood adventures with my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment