Monday, July 18, 2016

Lemonade Stand, Cow Appreciation Day, and More!

We've been keeping ourselves busy with lots of summer fun activities! I know I've said this before, but I often get through a week and wonder how it flew by so quickly, and can't even remember everything that we did (I'm trying to be better about writing it all down!)

We of course play with the neighbors a lot, though sadly one of our neighbors just moved away last weekend. We already miss them, and will miss taking them to the bus stop in the mornings come fall. Before they left Noelle and Jonah had a blast "helping" them with a lemonade stand. Basically it was six kids sitting and standing around a tiny table screaming "LEMONADE" every time a car drove by. And then one of the two year olds tried to pick up the lemonade pitcher and spilled all the lemonade.


One of Noelle's best buddies, Sophie, gave her a few hand-me-down dresses, which Noelle of course wants to wear all the time. I told Sophie's mom that from now on, whenever I buy Noelle something to wear, I'm going to give it to her first and she can hand it to me in front of Noelle and say it's from Sophie. Maybe then we'll have fewer disagreements about clothes...


The other week I had a hysteroscopy done and got two polyps removed from my uterus (woohoo, lucky me!) Thankfully Luke was able to take a sick day and drove me to and from the procedure, and he took care of the kids for the rest of the day while I laid in bed. Our appointment time was 9:30, but the doctor had to take care of two emergencies before he got to me, so I didn't go back to the OR until almost 11. I hadn't had anything to eat or drink since the night before, and I was getting so hungry! But I walked into the OR, scooted down to the end of the bed, got my feet in the stirrups, and remember nothing after that. Thank you general anesthesia! I woke up behind our little recovery curtain about a half hour later, and thankfully the cramping wasn't too bad. By the next day, I felt mostly back to normal and didn't need to use any of the prescription strength pain killers. (yay!)


The day after my little procedure we met some friends at Clark's Elioak Farm. It was hot, and Noelle complained the minute we got out of the car, but then she was the one that didn't want to leave in the end. The littles played on the slides, pet the animals, watched tractors go by, and played with toys.


And last Tuesday, we celebrated Cow Appreciation Day at Chick Fil A. Noelle and I threw on some spots and ears that I made minutes before we walked out the door, squeezed Jonah into the 18 month sized Dalmatian costume, and met some friends from our church's MOPS group to get free food. I had been talking it up for a few days, and both of them were so excited to dress up as cows!

No comments:

Post a Comment