Monday, July 31, 2017

A Picture an Hour (sort of)

I thought it might be fun to document a day around our house while we're in the throes of having a newborn and sort of settling into being a family of five. Things will change drastically when Noelle starts kindergarten in less than a month (!!) and Luke returns to work in September. But for now, we're embracing every day with Noelle and Luke at home with us all day!

8:00 a.m.
Little miss woke up around 7:40 and a little after 8:00 was swaddled and put back in the pack'n'play. I don't think the sleeping lasted much longer, but I hopped in the shower and all three littles were awake by the time I was done.

9:00 a.m.
Everyone was downstairs getting breakfast of some sort, or likely requesting a second breakfast. And Noelle as usual wanted some cuddle time with baby sister.

10:00 a.m.
We got to church and about two songs in, Clara started fussing. Noelle came with me to the cry room where Clara ate and slept for the rest of church. I caught up with a few mom friends who were in and out of the room to nurse their little ones as well.

11:00 a.m.
At the very end, baby girl slept on me for a bit, and Noelle and I joined daddy for the rest of the service- which was much needed for me because before the sermon even started Noelle kept asking when it would be over, and could we go home.

12:00 p.m.
After church we headed home with our friend Arthur coming along so he and Luke could go play soccer golf. We got home and Luke fed the kids lunch while I changed. Of course they also devoured their usual snacks  at church while we caught up with a few people.

1:00 p.m.
Noelle and Jonah colored on the easel, a recent re-discovery. Current favorite things to draw: tall buildings and snails.

2:00 p.m.
After quickly tidying up, we headed out to a local riding stable for a festival/fundraiser they were hosting. All of their horses are rescue horses and the kids had a blast saying hi to them. (And my horse loving heart was excited to be there- possibly more excited than they were!)

3:00 p.m.
We bought some tickets so Noelle and Jonah could do a craft, play a game, and go on a pony ride!

4:00 p.m.
We headed home to wait for daddy and our friends to get there. Clara continued her nap in the carseat for a bit, so we were all able to have a little downtime before everyone got there with pizza for dinner thanks to our friends!

5:00 p.m.
We all ate and hung out for a bit while the kids played. Clara spent the time nursing away and hanging out in Daddy's lap.

6:00 p.m.
After our friends left, we got the kids ready for bed and they had some down time while Luke and I headed to the basement to watch an episode of Leverage. Clara of course joined us. :)

7:00-9:00 p.m.
Clara and I got ready for bed and after she was swaddled and put to sleep, I climbed into bed as well. I read a chapter of my book and scrolled through Instagram for a bit, and then turned out the light. At one point when I got up, I peeked in on the big kids and thankfully they were in bed! Good night to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment