Saturday, July 15, 2017

Slow and Easy

We've been taking our weeks slow and easy. We make plans, but hold them loosely knowing that with a newborn, we may not be able to all get out together. In the mornings I've started to try to get myself into some sort of routine of feeding Clara and then heading out for a walk, more for my mental state than anything else. If she's still sleeping when I get back, I'll hop into the shower and get ready for the day while everyone is still sleeping. Those moments of quiet and being by myself to think and pray are so helpful!

Slow morning with my girls

The kids wake up when they're ready, sometimes Jonah first, sometimes Noelle. I nurse Clara again when she wakes up, and feed the kids breakfast downstairs while we let Daddy sleep in for a bit. This past week we had a few mornings where the big kids just played at home for awhile, and a few mornings where Luke took the big kids to do something or all of us went somewhere together.


On Monday, we had Noelle's 5 year well check and Clara's 2 week (16 days) appointment. Both girls were looking great, and thankfully there were no shots for anyone! Clara weighed in at 6 pounds 1 oz, surpassing her birth weight and almost a 1 pound weight gain since leaving the hospital. Luke and I were pretty proud of her! She did get her heal pricked, but they let me nurse her while they did it, so that helped some.

Picking flowers in our PJs in our backyard jungle/garden

On Tuesday, Luke took the big kids to the YMCA for an art class. They had a blast, and proudly showed me their work when they got home. Tuesday evening we headed to Chick Fil A for cow appreciation day, and then to 7-11 for free slurpees. Lots of free food! On Wednesday, we all headed out for the $1 movie to watch Penguins of Madagascar. Noelle and Jonah thought it was hilarious, and baby girl slept or nursed the entire time.  On Thursday, Noelle got a birthday card in the mail with some money from her great Aunt Cindy (on the Wiedeman side) and so we all headed to Dairy Queen after dinner for some birthday ice cream. I ate way too much, but it was delicious!

vanilla with sprinkles!

Summer birthday party season has started, and we missed one the day I had Clara and had another one today. It's so fun celebrating our friends, and we have a few more to look forward to, including cousin Holden's 1st birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment