Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Thanksgiving this year started with me meeting Luke's sister, Hannah, to run the YMCA 5K Turkey Trot.  Unfortunately we weren't super on top of things and didn't plan on where to meet, so I never found her before the race started.  But we did see each other on the course and then we met up at the end.  It was a fun being able to get out and run with all the other crazy people who like to get up early to pay someone else so they can run.  I've done this 5K two times before, but haven't done it since I was pregnant with Noelle, and I'm so glad Luke's sister agreed to do it with me!

the whole Wiedeman family

We did Thanksgiving with the Wiedeman side this year since all four of Luke's siblings were in town and the whole family hadn't been together since the summer of 2013.  Luke's mom is still recovering from the car accident his parents were in, so all of us "kids" were responsible for various food items. We somehow ended up with the turkey, but my sister has a connection and was able to get it fried for us. Luke made the marinade, and then we passed it off to my sister on Wednesday and she took it Thursday morning to get fried!

Once it was done, Luke picked it up and we headed over to the Wiedeman house, where his siblings were finishing up all the sides and desserts that they were making.  Noelle had a blast being spoiled by her aunts and uncles, and Jonah was a good little babe and napped while we were eating.  All the food was delicious and I ate way too much, but it was so good to be with family.

Jonah's first Thanksgiving

We decided to head out a little bit early and stop by my parents' house so that we could see everyone there.  My brother had just arrived home from studying abroad in New Zealand that morning, and we hadn't seen him since June so we really wanted to be able to at least say a quick hello.  I think they were happy to see us, or at least see Noelle.  That girl is so loved!  She better soak it up before Jonah gets old enough to share some of that attention.

Noelle watching tv while sitting on Uncle Jason's shoulders

Definitely a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I'm so thankful for our little family and for all of God's provision for us.  I'm thankful for everyone's health, and I'm thankful that I get to be a stay at home mom with our two littlest blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment